Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, 0x067C - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for HR34, version 0x067C

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=213035

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

I have only had my Genie for 2.5 weeks and have started experiencing audio drop offs on recorded programs. I hope the release might address this issue.

#3 OFFLINE   pdxBeav

pdxBeav

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

I just forced a download and it did download new software, but it was version 0x05FD. Are only certain boxes able to get 0x067C at this time?

Edited by pdxBeav, 21 February 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

If your box isn't targeted for the new download, it won't get it and forcing a download unfortunately won't speed up the process.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   whitewolf8214

whitewolf8214

AllStar

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Cool can't wait and wonder what they will have tonight since that will be coming out or if we will even get one tonight but let's hope they show the HR34 some love tonight :)

#6 OFFLINE   nsykes

nsykes

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Live buffer still not working. Is this a feature that is just out the window now? I loved having it on my HR24 but almost a year with the 34 and I don't think it's ever worked. Every update I always check.

#7 OFFLINE   Bajanjack

Bajanjack

Icon

• Registered
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'm out of town until Wednesday- would love to hear if the 3D issue was fixed with this release. (Greying out of guide and no 3D channels until you turn HR34 off and back on). I'm also hoping the "jump back" issue was fixed- no jump back when fast forwarding through a recorded program from another dvr using whole home and pressing play.
HR34-700, HR20-700, HR21-100,HR24-500,H24-100, R16-300

#8 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Live buffer still not working. Is this a feature that is just out the window now? I loved having it on my HR24 but almost a year with the 34 and I don't think it's ever worked. Every update I always check.

Huh? :confused:

You mean you can't pause, RR, FF, etc. live TV on your HR34?

#9 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Huh? :confused:

You mean you can't pause, RR, FF, etc. live TV on your HR34?

I think he means no buffer coming out of standby which is still an issue. It's intermittent at best.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#10 OFFLINE   nsykes

nsykes

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Sorry all. Yes that is what I am referring to. Live buffer coming out of Standby mode. Still a no go on this release.

#11 OFFLINE   BigFoot48

BigFoot48

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Twice, since getting this update last Thursday, and never before, when selecting LIST nothing is shown in the list. The heading are there, but nothing in the list. The first time I could also not change the channel (this morning I could) and this morning when I selected "Setup" from the menu in an attempt to do a soft reboot the Setup menu items did not come up - just a blank box. So both times an RBR was required.
DTV since 1998. HR-34 since Feb 2012.

#12 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

I think he means no buffer coming out of standby which is still an issue. It's intermittent at best.

Well it was when I first got the HR34 a month or so ago... Became progressively worse to not working at all. Got replacement after the run around for a couple of weeks. They really need to get some type of wide spread respect across all of them there. All comes down to a crap shoot on who you get and that just isn't right.

Anyways, new unit thus far working good... Awaiting new update though.

#13 OFFLINE   mabellboi

mabellboi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Was able to force it this morning. Here goes...

#14 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Update occurred last night... As suspected I see absolutely no difference... Skipping issues still exists and other odd quirks. Hey at least this new box hasn't locked up and pause issues. I'm starting to think these FW updates are for show more than anything else. I should get paid to be a Beta tester.

#15 OFFLINE   don s

don s

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

HR34 is slower than ever with this release. Talk about going backwards. Seriously, how long can it possibly take to make just decent software? It's getting to be a joke ...

#16 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

HR34 is slower than ever with this release. Talk about going backwards. Seriously, how long can it possibly take to make just decent software? It's getting to be a joke ...

I wish I could go back to the SD GUI myself. It was quite snappy then.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#17 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Every since this download watch now feature has been giving error message saying internet speed is not fast enough to watch now. Speed 12-15 down 3-5 up. Hardwire Ethernet connection. Have got 5 accounts with Hr34 that have same issue.

#18 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

I cant believe there are no replies to this. If I was to post a stupid commercial from DTV there would be pages of comments to follow. Anybody else have an Hr34 that can go to the OD and try "watch now"? I have other HR24's in the same house and watch now works fine on them just since the latest NR software has this started.

#19 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

I cant believe there are no replies to this. If I was to post a stupid commercial from DTV there would be pages of comments to follow. Anybody else have an Hr34 that can go to the OD and try "watch now"? I have other HR24's in the same house and watch now works fine on them just since the latest NR software has this started.

I haven't replied so not to jinx myself... Already on my second 34 in 2 months... So hush for me while I knock on wood.

#20 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 162 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

I haven't received the update yet so I can't really comment. I'm hoping it stops the system lockups when resuming from standby and changing channels. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does it takes a good 30 seconds before I can actually watch TV or do anything; freezes up solid.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

spam firewall