Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, 0x067C - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   raromr

raromr

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Any chance the status bar appearing on each skip has been corrected? I haven't received yet but that is still my biggest negative on the 34.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Any chance the status bar appearing on each skip has been corrected? I haven't received yet but that is still my biggest negative on the 34.

No, it has not been changed. I think they would have changed it by now if they had any intention to.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#23 OFFLINE   kymikes

kymikes

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Any ideas on the rollout schedule? I have an HR34 installed yesterday and I haven't seen the 67C in redh at all. Just curious.

#24 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,634 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Received this version today

#25 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

I haven't received the update yet so I can't really comment. I'm hoping it stops the system lockups when resuming from standby and changing channels. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does it takes a good 30 seconds before I can actually watch TV or do anything; freezes up solid.

I wouldn't count on it... That's what they told me FW will fix it, wait, wait, wait..it got worse until it was not working at all. IMO don't let them string you along, call them and tell them its a piece of crap and want a replacement.

On that note, new FW has slowed the system down. Lag before, now 3 times as much. On a good note as they come rarely is that on this new unit the lock up issue hasn't returned. Knock on wood.

#26 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Can someone who has got this update please try watch now from OnDemand?

#27 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 179 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

I wouldn't count on it... That's what they told me FW will fix it, wait, wait, wait..it got worse until it was not working at all. IMO don't let them string you along, call them and tell them its a piece of crap and want a replacement.

If I'm going to call and complain and demand a replacement, it's going to be for an HR44 and it's not going to happen until I'm closer to retention. All in all I haven't had a lot of problems with the HR34 - this freeze up thing has only started happening since the last update.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#28 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Has this gone National yet. Have not received it yet and was wondering. Usually I get a NR right away.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#29 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

If I'm going to call and complain and demand a replacement, it's going to be for an HR44 and it's not going to happen until I'm closer to retention. All in all I haven't had a lot of problems with the HR34 - this freeze up thing has only started happening since the last update.

I may have done the same if I wasn't able to watch TV. yet it was impossible, it was that bad. Ill still get a HR44 believe me.

#30 OFFLINE   jasonp197722

jasonp197722

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

good luck getting an hr 44 i install in a bata test market for the 44 and we havent even gotten ours yet

#31 OFFLINE   rjviola12

rjviola12

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Has anyone had an issue with the HR34 HDMI output? My Pioneer 822 would not change resolution. 'had to "lock down the resolution" to 1080i just to watch TV. Direct will replace the Genie. This HR34 worked just fine for about 4 months. My H25 worked great into the Pioneer all the way to 1080P. Just wondering...

#32 OFFLINE   dogbone414

dogbone414

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

i have the genie and my software verison is 0x6af is that the same.

#33 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

i have the genie and my software verison is 0x6af is that the same.

You have a Beta version of the Genie software, versions like this are part of a program here called the Cutting Edge. If you are interested in joining the CE program you can check out the information here: http://www.dbstalk.c...aysprune=&f=171 or you could PM me and I would be more than happy to help you. Unfortunately any more discussion of CE outside of that special forum will need to be deleted.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#34 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Been looking at the RedH site, and it appears they have paused/halted the rollout of 67c. It has not been in the stream since 3/1.

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#35 OFFLINE   don s

don s

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Been looking at the RedH site, and it appears they have paused/halted the rollout of 67c. It has not been in the stream since 3/1.

I can understand why. My HR34 has been very slow since the update. All commands, menus, etc are laaagggy. Ugh. I am patiently awaiting the next mess of an update ...

#36 OFFLINE   bsather

bsather

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

And what is the 0x067E that keeps showing up?

#37 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

And what is the 0x067E that keeps showing up?

I don't know this as fact, but there could be a closed group of testers that are authorized to rec'v special builds during the week. 0x067E could be for that purpose. To test,evaluate for possible general release. Of course it could be something entirely different.....

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#38 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

I would have done the same, yet the system was completely inoperable. The replacement unit is acting up also yet not even close to the previous. Still a pain though, pausing a show, coming back not starting, FF issues, a few lock ups.... DTV is a piece of work.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...