Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Acceleration of guide scrolling (HR20-100)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   c073186

c073186

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I have an HR20-100 and when I am scrolling horizontally in the guide, if I hold down the arrow, the scrolling accelerates after 1-2 seconds. I find this very frustrating because it makes it hard to quickly scroll 7-8 forward - the first 1-2 hours scroll normal and then before I know it I am two days into the future because it speeds up too quickly. Can this be disabled? I believe I have scrolling effects turned off - what does that option do?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,821 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Scrolling effects does affect the Horizontal as well as the Vertical actions.
I have mine turned off and the speed is wide open all the time.
I believe you must have the Scrolling Effects set to ON.
Try it both ON and OFF and see what differences you experience.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   Racer88

Racer88

Icon

• Registered
  • 802 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Yeah that is annoying as hell. Why they refuse to just put skipping one "page" at a time on the skip forward/back buttons is beyond me. With 12 hours on FF/RW, that addition is all that anyone should ever need for efficient, horizontal, guide navigation.

#4 OFFLINE   RBTO

RBTO

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I agree 100%. You can use the red/green buttons to jump 12 hours at a time and that's great, but holding the horizontal buttons down is a worthless feature the way it's implemented now. No idea where you'll end up because it's too fast. I'd like to see a sideways slip (one line worth) with about a 1-2 second pause between slips when the horizontal button is held down. That way, you could stop where you wanted. Another programming "bug" to be addressed.

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,821 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Another approach if you are only looking at one specific channel.
Move the selector to the left and onto the channel number,
press the Info button on the remote,
It will give you a list of all that is coming on that channel in a vertical format.
It is much faster because you can then use the channel down to jump a page at a time ( 5 programs worth of info ).

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,363 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

How odd it is to see folks complain about the HRs being too fast... :lol:

Rich

#7 OFFLINE   Lugnut

Lugnut

AllStar