Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

how to add 211 as second receiver

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sb43201

sb43201

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

I have a 722k and want to add an used 211 in the basement. I got the 211 from the yard sale and is not activated. I suppose that I can connect the 211 directly to the LNB, right? The 211 has a OTA port too, how does it work? And how to activate the 211? How much more I need to pay to have 2nd receiver? Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

I have a 722k and want to add an used 211 in the basement. I got the 211 from the yard sale and is not activated. I suppose that I can connect the 211 directly to the LNB, right? The 211 has a OTA port too, how does it work? And how to activate the 211? How much more I need to pay to have 2nd receiver? Thanks.

$7 per month

Yes you can connect directly to the dish if you have a free port

Connect an ota antenna to the ota antenna jack on the 211 and scan for locals

Call dish to activate

#3 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

After you have it connected to the dish, call DISH and give them the S# and R# so they can address the receiver. Cost of additional 211 is $7/mo.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

- you can connect coaxes from LNBF and OTA
- call CSR
- $7

cross your fingers, the box could have a balance or stolen

#5 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

If you get it successfully installed and activated you can also make it into a DVR (of sorts) by adding an external hard drive.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

If you get it successfully installed and activated you can also make it into a DVR (of sorts) by adding an external hard drive.

it will cost you one time fee $40 and you must supply your own HDD (up to 2 TB) and USB 2.0 enclosure.

#7 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

If you have the wiring already in place the entire process of attaching it and calling it should not take much more than a 30 to 45 minutes. Pretty painless, unless you get a CSR that does not understand you and tried to schedule an appointment, as I had once. She kept insisting that I needed to have a tech come out to run the wire and setup the receiver. I finally had to ask for someone that understood ME!

#8 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

I can check the availability of the receiver to add to your account. Please PM the receiver number to me if you would like me to check. As mentioned in a later post, if there is a balance or if the receiver was leased, you won't be able to add this receiver to your account. Please let me know. Thanks.

spam firewall