Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Best Number to Call to Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dnelms

dnelms

Legend

• Registered
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

What's the best route and number to call when trying to upgrade to the Genie DVR and 2 mini clients? Regular CSR or rentention? (Can't remember if there is a direct # for retention)

Currently we have 1 HR20-700 hooked up to the only HDTV in the house. We have another HD DVR on a SD television and a SD DVR hooked up to another SD television.

I want to upgrade for the sake of being able to record more shows. Changing to the Genie setup, but with an eye towards having everything in place when we replace the SD sets with HDTV's. Been with DTV since 1998 and am pleased, but am not going to pay a massive amount of dollars to upgrade.

SHould not have a problem hooking up the small clients to an SD TV thats has all inputs except HDMI, correct?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Registered
  • 321 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

I think it just the luck of the draw.
I called 1 800 824 9081 for several weeks with no luck.
Then last week I called 1 800 531 5000, asked about upgrading to Genie, the csm transferred me to another person. No question other than what my call was about, the install was on Monday with no problem.

#3 OFFLINE   samisamsung

samisamsung

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

[quote name='dnelms']What's the best route and number to call when trying to upgrade to the Genie DVR and 2 mini clients? Regular CSR or rentention? (Can't remember if there is a direct # for retention)

Currently we have 1 HR20-700 hooked up to the only HDTV in the house. We have another HD DVR on a SD television and a SD DVR hooked up to another SD television.

I want to upgrade for the sake of being able to record more shows. Changing to the Genie setup, but with an eye towards having everything in place when we replace the SD sets with HDTV's. Been with DTV since 1998 and am pleased, but am not going to pay a massive amount of dollars to upgrade.

SHould not have a problem hooking up the small clients to an SD TV thats has all inputs except HDMI, correct?[/QUOTE
[quote name='Bofurley']I think it just the luck of the draw.
I called 1 800 824 9081 for several weeks with no luck.
Then last week I called 1 800 531 5000, asked about upgrading to Genie, the csm transferred me to another person. No question other than what my call was about, the install was on Monday with no problem.[/QUOTE]

The number that gives you the market price to acquire the equipment! which you evidently don't, l say, DO NOT understand! Ask yourself, why would you remove 2 (two) perfectly good HD DVR units & replace them with clients that will not work if you're genie goes caput? Sensibility would have one relocate the two HDDVR units & install a genie with the SD box removed. I suppose that you want the Genie for the 5 tuners & only primarily because of the need, excuse me, want to assimilate with the world, THE JONES! & get the next new hot ticket you don't really Need-! No Wonder America is burdened with DEBT.:rolleyes: Let's count, Genie=5 tuners, each HDDVR=2 tuners=4! client=0 tuners aka will not work w/o good old Genie to grant viewing wishes! So lets compare, what would be better: the ability to record upto 9 shows concurrently or just record up to 5 with a genie + 2 clients! Yea, Pay regular price just like you would go into a retail store and p*y the labeled price because you want to get that box of cookies!:rolleyes:

Edited by samisamsung, 23 February 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   El Gabito

El Gabito

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Wtf lol ^

Protected By... spam firewall...And...