Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Upgrade from 722/612/612 to two Hoppers and a Joey?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

I'd planned to upgrade from my 722/612/612 setup to a Hopper w Sling, Hopper without Sling, and a Joey. I thought I'd seen people get that install in the past. But I just saw a post in another sub-forum saying Dish will not authorize two Hoppers unless you also get two Joeys.

Did I read that correctly? I need the flexibility of two Hoppers, but I only have 3 TVs, so 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys makes no sense for me.

Looking for some guidance! Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   higginsll

higginsll

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

I'd planned to upgrade from my 722/612/612 setup to a Hopper w Sling, Hopper without Sling, and a Joey. I thought I'd seen people get that install in the past. But I just saw a post in another sub-forum saying Dish will not authorize two Hoppers unless you also get two Joeys.

Did I read that correctly? I need the flexibility of two Hoppers, but I only have 3 TVs, so 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys makes no sense for me.

Looking for some guidance! Thanks.

No problem for a local Independent Retailer. Go to dish.com, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "find a retailer", put in your zip code and you will get a list of Retailers. We do this config all the time.

#3 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

No problem for a local Independent Retailer. Go to dish.com, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "find a retailer", put in your zip code and you will get a list of Retailers. We do this config all the time.

If I call a local installer, I assume I will not be able to take advantage of the cheaper install costs from having the $7 per month service contract?

#4 OFFLINE   higginsll

higginsll

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

If I call a local installer, I assume I will not be able to take advantage of the cheaper install costs from having the $7 per month service contract?

That is up to the Retailer. Most have the same offer as Dish. $15 Tech visit with Service Plan, $95 without service Plan.

#5 OFFLINE   bradpr

bradpr

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

I am considering a move to Dish, and have gotten some conflicting information for Dish phone reps. I am hoping that someone here can clarify this for me.

I am going with a programming package that gets me one hopper free, so I believe I will have to pay $99 up front for the 2nd hopper, right?

I have been told by phone reps that 2 hoppers can access recorded programming on each other and their attached Joeys can access recorded programming on either hopper. I've also been told by phone reps that this isn't possible. Which is it?

I understand that I will have to pay a $10/mo DVR Service fee for the hopper. Is this per hopper, or is this analogous to the Directv DVR fee, so it covers all DVRs on the account? If so, what is Dish's monthly equipment fee for hopper 2?

Thanks for any answers I can get here :goodjob:

#6 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

With the America's Top 120 and above programming package, the $99 activation fee on the second Hopper, if you qualify, is waived.

With the dual Node, the recordings from each Hopper is available from either Hopper or Joeys connected to the MoCA setup.

The $10 Whole Home DVR Service fee is only applied once per month even with multiple Hoppers on the account. This is an account level charge. The lease charge for the Hoppers and Joeys are $7 each after the first Hopper (first Hopper included with in programming package charge).

Please let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks.

I am considering a move to Dish, and have gotten some conflicting information for Dish phone reps. I am hoping that someone here can clarify this for me.

I am going with a programming package that gets me one hopper free, so I believe I will have to pay $99 up front for the 2nd hopper, right?

I have been told by phone reps that 2 hoppers can access recorded programming on each other and their attached Joeys can access recorded programming on either hopper. I've also been told by phone reps that this isn't possible. Which is it?

I understand that I will have to pay a $10/mo DVR Service fee for the hopper. Is this per hopper, or is this analogous to the Directv DVR fee, so it covers all DVRs on the account? If so, what is Dish's monthly equipment fee for hopper 2?

Thanks for any answers I can get here :goodjob:

spam firewall