Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SNY Blackout Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hawkridge

Hawkridge

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

New to the forum, although been a long time reader. I have a question and I figured if I can't get it answered here, I won't be able to get it answered anywhere. I am in Charlotte, NC; get the MLB package to watch my Mets (no comments please) and get the Sports Pack to get other SNY programming (pre-game, post- game, etc.) However, there is some non-live action sports programming that gets blacked out. Why are some programs on the SNY Network not available to me, and is there any way around it?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,666 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

I've seen quite alot of sports magazine type shows on the sports pack from other RSNs blacked out.It seems senseless to me !

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#3 OFFLINE   Hawkridge

Hawkridge

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Nobody?

#4 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

It would help if you would name a specific show that's blacked out since it's usually tied to what footage a given show has. (i.e. any show that has over a certain ammount of MLB footage is usually blacked out because they're strict about RSNs only having regional rights to it)

#5 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 461 posts
  • LocationNW VT

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I have noticed the blackout of most of the NFL-related shows on non-FSN (like CSN, TWC, etc) RSNs a lot recently. On SNY (and STO) I see a lot of their respective baseball team's shows being blacked out, now, too. This is not the case with NESN, YES, MSG, Root, or the FSNs. MASN is local to me, so I dont have the issue there.

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#6 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

New to the forum, although been a long time reader. I have a question and I figured if I can't get it answered here, I won't be able to get it answered anywhere. I am in Charlotte, NC; get the MLB package to watch my Mets (no comments please) and get the Sports Pack to get other SNY programming (pre-game, post- game, etc.) However, there is some non-live action sports programming that gets blacked out. Why are some programs on the SNY Network not available to me, and is there any way around it?

Simple answer is SNY doesn't own national rights to some things. Especially shows with game footage in them. Old games, some documentaries.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...