Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Should this work?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,359 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Does that include the DVR that will be connected directly to the Wireless CCK or is the Wireless CCK considered to be a DECA as well?

In the picture of the WCCK, there isn't a coax connected, so it doesn't, "but" should you connect a coax, and/or use the pass through to feed a receiver that doesn't have an internal/external DECA, "then" a filter is needed.

An active DECA on the coax means the signal travels all through the coax to all the receivers.
A.K.A VOS

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

In the picture of the WCCK, there isn't a coax connected, so it doesn't, "but" should you connect a coax, and/or use the pass through to feed a receiver that doesn't have an internal/external DECA, "then" a filter is needed.

Don't I need to connect the coax in order to get Internet access into my nephew's bedroom? As I wrote in my first post, the Wifi in his room stinks, but it's good in the den, where the CCK is currently located. So, it would be pointless to move the CCK into his bedroom. Plus it would eliminate VOD on the den DVR, which was the primary reason that the the repair tech gave them the CCK in the first place.

Since the goal is to get a wired signal from a good connection (the den), into his bedroom, I'm assuming that I need to run the coax currently connected to DVR in the den, thorough the CCK and then into the DVR.

Or am I just missing something?

#23 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,359 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Don't I need to connect the coax in order to get Internet access into my nephew's bedroom? As I wrote in my first post, the Wifi in his room stinks, but it's good in the den, where the CCK is currently located. So, it would be pointless to move the CCK into his bedroom. Plus it would eliminate VOD on the den DVR, which was the primary reason that the the repair tech gave them the CCK in the first place.

Since the goal is to get a wired signal from a good connection (the den), into his bedroom, I'm assuming that I need to run the coax currently connected to DVR in the den, thorough the CCK and then into the DVR.

Or am I just missing something?

"Nope" you're not missing anything "but" another DECA [with power supply] and "a bunch" of filters.
A.K.A VOS

#24 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

"Nope" you're not missing anything "but" another DECA [with power supply] and "a bunch" of filters.

Apparently, I am missing something. The DECA that I ordered is coming with a power supply. But, why do I need the power supply? The coax output of the DECA is going to be connected to a DirecTV receiver and the Ethernet is going to be connected to a network switch.

Won't the DirecTV receiver power the DECA (I just found out that he has an H21 in his room)? IF not, do I now need to buy a 2-way splitter for the bedroom with 1 half going to the receiver and the other half going to the DECA, which would then need to be connected to the power supply and network switch?

Edited by Bill Broderick, 23 February 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#25 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,359 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

You didn't say before there was a receiver at that location to power the DECA.

If you're going this way this receiver doesn't need a BSF:

Posted Image
A.K.A VOS

#26 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

You didn't say before there was a receiver at that location to power the DECA.

Sure I did. Multiple times.

If I add a DECA in his bedroom, with the coax connected to his existing receiver and the the Ethernet output connected a network switch, and then to his PC and Xbox 360. Will he have Internet access on those two components?

I'm trying to get the Internet into one of the bedrooms, which has one of the HD receivers.

Regardless. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

spam firewall