Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Sunday Ticket 2013 Pricing announced

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 656 posts
  • LocationStanislaus County Farmland

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

I just received my July statement and even though I have been a NFLST sub every year since D* has had it, there is no reference to it on my newest statement.  In the past it always was there, with the charges beginning in Aug.  If D* has dropped it from my account, how can I call to "cancel" it to try and get a better deal?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,323 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

so no contract extension?

No contract extension.  The GenieGo is an owned piece of equipment just like the AM21 is and is not covered under the protection plan.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#263 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,146 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

No contract extension.  The GenieGo is an owned piece of equipment just like the AM21 is and is not covered under the protection plan.

thanks for the clarification. that's what i thought but i can never be sure.

#264 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

I just received my July statement and even though I have been a NFLST sub every year since D* has had it, there is no reference to it on my newest statement.  In the past it always was there, with the charges beginning in Aug.  If D* has dropped it from my account, how can I call to "cancel" it to try and get a better deal?

With my situation I am going to call back and try for a better deal (29.99 x 6) thats the least they can do for flat out lieing to me. Your situation you could always call and ask what type of deals they are having. Just get retention. 

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

#265 OFFLINE   bertman64

bertman64

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

I called Monday, July 8th after seeing some of you getting it for half price or even FREE! Last year I had MAX so I was about to get charged 50.00 for the next 6 months. In the past I have waited until the end of July and the best deal I have gotten was a general retention credit of 250.00 a couple years back when we still had the Superfan. After saying cancel service and waiting at least 15 minutes I told her my bill would be close to 300.00 per month with this and would need to cancel or look at other options. What she came back with was 38.99 for 6 months which I figured out was no where near my goal of getting the total down under 200.00 so for now I am canceled! Did they win? I think not! Now if my home team the Cowboys was getting blacked out or has a bad year then yea, but I do have lifetime SiriusXM radio on my nightstand where I can hear  either teams broadcast of any game while watching one or two on the 2 TVs in front of my bed! I will miss Redzone and the freedom to watch any game but unless they come back with a really good offer I am out on ST for the 1st time in 5 years!

Edited by bertman64, 11 July 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#266 OFFLINE   byroan

byroan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

I called Monday, July 8th after seeing some of you getting it for half price or even FREE! Last year I had MAX so I was about to get charged 50.00 for the next 6 months. In the past I have waited until the end of July and the best deal I have gotten was a general retention credit of 250.00 a couple years back when we still had the Superfan. After saying cancel service and waiting at least 15 minutes I told her my bill would be close to 300.00 per month with this and would need to cancel or look at other options. What she came back with was 38.99 for 6 months which I figured out was no where near my goal of getting the total down under 200.00 so for now I am canceled! Did they win? I think not! Now if my home team the Cowboys was getting blacked out or has a bad year then yea, but I do have lifetime SiriusXM radio on my nightstand where I can hear  either teams broadcast of any game while watching one or two on the 2 TVs in front of my bed! I will miss Redzone and the freedom to watch any game but unless they come back with a really good offer I am out on ST for the 1st time in 5 years!

Hang up and call back if you don't get the deal you're wanting.

#267 OFFLINE   rcraigiii

rcraigiii

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Saying CANCEL at the prompt is not getting folks to the same team as it did in prior years.  I went through 2 people until I candidly asked and the rep said she was part of a team that dealt with movies and sports cancellations, but not the "full fledged retention team."  I too was offered $50 off until I asked if I could be transferred to RETENTION to discuss terminating my account.  Once I did, I got a very accomodating rep that gave me the following (note, I have been a subscriber since '99, NFL, MLB, and NHL, whole home DVR, 4 boxes, never a late payment, etc).:

• $15 off for 15 months
  • $10 off for 6 months
  • NFL SUNDAY Ticket Max for free
  • Genie and installation free

• scoop8 likes this

#268 OFFLINE   scoop8

scoop8

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Saying CANCEL at the prompt is not getting folks to the same team as it did in prior years.  I went through 2 people until I candidly asked and the rep said she was part of a team that dealt with movies and sports cancellations, but not the "full fledged retention team."  I too was offered $50 off until I asked if I could be transferred to RETENTION to discuss terminating my account.  Once I did, I got a very accomodating rep that gave me the following (note, I have been a subscriber since '99, NFL, MLB, and NHL, whole home DVR, 4 boxes, never a late payment, etc).:

• $15 off for 15 months
  • $10 off for 6 months
  • NFL SUNDAY Ticket Max for free
  • Genie and installation free

I remember that's what happened to me last year for the 1st time.  I had previously called once a summer and had always been able to get routed to Retentions by saying "cancel" twice, after the 2 menus. 

When I got thru to a CSR last summer, it sounded like I was talking to the front-line CSR so I asked her if I had reached the Retentions Dept.  She said "no but I can route you there."

When I call soon, I'll ask first if this is the Retentions Dept to get that known at the beginning of the conversation.

It's good to hear about the numerous free deals.  I got the 1-yr contract extension with free ST last year.  That's the deal that I'll try to get again.  I didn't ask for free Red Zone last year since I rarely watch it but I'll ask for that one this time around.

DirecTV Subs since '99 - Currently out of contract
Prog Svc: DTV Premier Pkg, NFL ST, MLB EI, CI
Dish: Slimline 5LNB
Receivers: HD-DVR HR22-100, HD H23-600
Display: PANNY Plasma TH50PZ85U
DVD Player: Std Upconvert Region-Free Pioneer DV-400V

#269 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 494 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Saying "terminate" will get you to retentions in the menus. Worked for me. Got ST Max for $40 total this year.

Edited by mrro82, 12 July 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#270 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 648 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

They didn't offer anything to keep you as a customer? 

DR2420:  You were right!  DTV and I kissed and made up.  I spoke with the 'real' retention yesterday and got the 10x12 plus 15 x15? plus free ST, plus free upgrade to the Genie.  All  i had to do is agree to a 2 year contact.  Heck I've already been with DTV for 10 years.

I do have questions about the Genie which I'll post in the appropriate section.  Hoping for the HR44.

Thanks

#271 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

It worked for me a couple of weeks ago as well, but no longer. I tried yesterday and today (to get a free upgrade to genie) and no luck. Today, I just spoke with a regular CSR and when she had nothing for me asked if she would transfer me to retention. She did and the retention CSR came through for me (with a 2 year contract, of course).

Saying "terminate" will get you to retentions in the menus. Worked for me. Got ST Max for $40 total this year.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, Optical Audio to Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 3.41/.71 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#272 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

What week of the season does the mid-season pricing usually take effect? How much cheaper is it normally compared to the full season?

I might not be able to use ST much in SEP/OCT this year, but I'm sure I'll want it in NOV/DEC!

#273 OFFLINE   mapod

mapod

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

I got the same offer for Max....I booked it, for 2013 it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.... 

#274 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

DR2420:  You were right!  DTV and I kissed and made up.  I spoke with the 'real' retention yesterday and got the 10x12 plus 15 x15? plus free ST, plus free upgrade to the Genie.  All  i had to do is agree to a 2 year contact.  Heck I've already been with DTV for 10 years.

I do have questions about the Genie which I'll post in the appropriate section.  Hoping for the HR44.

Thanks

Good to hear that, Jim. I knew you had just spoke to a department that was pretty much helpless. Sounds like they hooked you up nicely and I'm confident you will get the HR44. I didn't think they would let a 10 year customer go that easily.. 

#275 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

Well I decided to stop playing games with DTV and pre-ordered Amazon Madden that comes with a code to watch ST on computer/ipad/phone. We moved from rural to urban so we went from less than 1mbps to 25 so that should cover the speed. Its just a shame it has to get to this point. 

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

#276 OFFLINE   NPBearsFan

NPBearsFan

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

I recently got The Genie upgrade due to my HD DVR receiver going kaput due to the fan going on it and overheating.  I really hope this doesn't cost me from getting a deal on the ST Max.  Do any of you think it will.  Currently I am at the end of my $10 off for a year and just started $5 off for six months to keep the sports pack.  I did sign a two-year extension with The Genie.

Last year I was able to get The Max for $150 (1/2 off) and got $10 off for 12 months.

Thoughts anybobdy?

#277 OFFLINE   xceebeex

xceebeex

Legend

• Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

I recently got The Genie upgrade due to my HD DVR receiver going kaput due to the fan going on it and overheating.  I really hope this doesn't cost me from getting a deal on the ST Max.  Do any of you think it will.  Currently I am at the end of my $10 off for a year and just started $5 off for six months to keep the sports pack.  I did sign a two-year extension with The Genie.

Last year I was able to get The Max for $150 (1/2 off) and got $10 off for 12 months.

Thoughts anybobdy?

I got ST Max for free AFTER I had just gotten Genie and Mini-Genie for free the day before. So if you get to retention, you shouldn't have a problem (I have other discounts still on my account as well).

#278 OFFLINE   bertman64

bertman64

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, I must not have got to retention so I went online and put it back on my account: 5 payments of 59.99. Will try to get a deal after 30 days and I make the 1st payment. Could still cancel again. Though I often sleep until 2:00PM because of work schedule it is nice to have the 30 minute games on Shortcuts after Sunday Night Football and it's nice to have the Redzone too!

#279 OFFLINE   seannorek

seannorek

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Just made my first call and I took ST Max for $36.99 for 4 months so getting it all for about $150 this year.  Little more than last year but think I may call back and try to get it free and the genie go thing as well.  I don't think I spoke to retentions so I'll have to ask right away this time.

#280 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,604 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Elton John got a little genie & it makes everything seem suddenly shiny & new.

spam firewall