Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Sunday Ticket 2013 Pricing announced

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#501 OFFLINE   bobinyuma

bobinyuma

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

• Have been with DTV for since 1999, monthly bill about 110-120.
  • Recently got several discounts for the year, free HD, 20.00 off my package, etc.
  • Last had NFL ticket about 3 years ago, but had free red zone last year.
  • Stated "termination"  and put me thru (have no idea if it was retention).
  • CS guy was friendly, told him I was terminating an unused room receiver and wanted to know if I was eligible for ST deals, in that I had already had recent discounts.  I am out of contract.
  • Gave me Free sunday ticket (no max, didn't need it regardless), 
  • with a one year extension to contract. send back terminated receiver.
  • took about 8 minutes on the phone.
  • Easy: and thankful to DTV. thats why I stay with them. 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#502 OFFLINE   jim_arrows

jim_arrows

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

Wanted to post my details, thanks to the others who have done the same.  I'm a customer since 2000, have had ST every year, currently a premiere subscriber with a monthly bill approaching $150 before credits and was out of contract.  Here's what they gave me:

$15/mo. off base package for 12 months

$10 off HD fee 12 months

$5 off HBO 6 months

$5 off Starz 6 months

1/2 off ST Max

$99 for Genie + 2 minis, includes installation and cinema connection kit - 2 year commitment (which is fine for me, I'm not going anywhere while they still have ST exclusivity... we'll see if the deal expires)

So, a total of $360 credits to offset the $148 ST Max fee and the $99 Genie upgrade.  Could have pushed for more but felt this was fair.

#503 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Last month I was told to call back this september because I was still over a 1 in contract. So now I am exactly a year so I thought I would call to see what I could get. NO DICE. Nothing, plus she got a little rude and said now what is it you want to cancel exactly? I said I was told to call retention otherwise no one else would help me. She said NOTHING I CAN DO. I guess I will try next week.

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

#504 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Oh I am 3 for 3 getting my friends free sunday ticket and half off their bills. Been with direct since 2005 and have NEVER got it for free other than signing up

#505 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Last month I was told to call back this september because I was still over a 1 in contract. So now I am exactly a year so I thought I would call to see what I could get. NO DICE. Nothing, plus she got a little rude and said now what is it you want to cancel exactly? I said I was told to call retention otherwise no one else would help me. She said NOTHING I CAN DO. I guess I will try next week.

Call back and get to retention again.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#506 OFFLINE   jmdaniel

jmdaniel

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

ST Max for $149

$200 Visa Prepaid card.

$10 off HD programming for a year

Free Showtime for 4 months, Free Starz for 6 months.

So boils down to Free ST, plus $170 in prepaid card/credits.

And free crappy movie channels.

#507 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

I noticed my last promotion from my February 2012 Genie upgrade had dropped off the account today. I called and mentioned it was my 10th year with DirecTV and was I eligible for any promotions? I was offered Starz for 6 months, Showtime for 3 months, $15.00 off my bill for a year and free Sunday Ticket. They did ask for a one year commettment which I was fine with. Happy camper! She also said twice to call back in 3 months and see what else they can do!

#508 OFFLINE   grecorj

grecorj

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Got free ST + RedZone (3rd year in a row) a few months ago (2 calls).

Just called this morning and got upgraded to Max for free.  < 10 min call (and this was a front line rep, not retention).

Woo-hoo!

EDIT: to add: btw, when I was about to get off the phone the rep said something like, "whoops, almost forgot to give myself credit" and I said "what's that?" and rep said she would be eligible for a weekly drawing (prize: Kindle). So I guess there is an incentive for reps to sign people up for stuff, even if for free.  Good to know.

Edited by grecorj, 13 September 2013 - 08:38 AM.

HR34-700 --> HDMI --> Sony KDL-46EX501
HR24-500 --> HDMI --> Sony KDL-32EX401
HR24-500 --> HDMI --> Samsung LN19A450C1D (only 1 tuner active)

DIRECTV customer since Feb 2002
HD, WHDVR and ICK since Aug 2010
P.I.T.A. since birth :)

#509 OFFLINE   alc965

alc965

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Called Directv yesterday to see if they had any deals on NFL Sunday. TheyGave me Free sunday ticket (no max, didn't need it regardless), with a one year extension to contract

#510 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Called Directv yesterday to see if they had any deals on NFL Sunday. TheyGave me Free sunday ticket (no max, didn't need it regardless), with a one year extension to contract

Tried again today and even tried the 1 year extension. NO DICE, I will try next week. 

#511 OFFLINE   ebnozn

ebnozn

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Will share my experience from a few min ago:

• Subscriber for almost 20 years - got the very first ST in 1994(?) I think !  - am currently out of contract
  • Have 6 total receivers, 2 being HD DVRs, all upgraded last August when I went through this drill before (possible my contract expired lasr month)
  • No current credits on my bill (credits from last year's upgrades were free ST Max, $10 HD credit for 6 mos, $15 off for 12 mos for HBO & Sports)
  • My goal for call was just hoping to get ST Max for free - I assumed I might not even get that due to the # of HD DVR upgrades & bill credits I got last year, ended up lowering my at-the-time current bill about $40/mo and got STMax + all new receivers + 2 HD DVRs for free
  • Called normal cust svc number, waited through several prompts to upgrade to ST, said "Terminate service," got asked by prompts if I am cancelling because I am moving, said "No"
  • Went on hold for 20 min (I am assuming today is one of their busiest days of year, since last week was a free preview of ST, this week people prob noticing they dont have it anymore)
  • Lady answered and was friendly, asked why I was canceling
  • Said "would like to renew ST, but my bill is already kind of high (~$170/mo) and wife said No and is looking into Fios"
  • She tells me in a friendly manner "We don't want that, let's see what we can do"
  • Offers the following:
    • ST Max for 1/2 price ($147.96)
    • 1 time $50 credit
    • $10 off my Sports pack for 6 mos
  • After asking if that was the best we could do on the bill...
    • $5 off my HBO for 6 mos
    • 4 months free Showtime
    • 6 months free Starz
  • So I decided to take it, considering it met my "wishes" going in - ST Max for "free" ($147.96 - $50 credit- $10 * 6mos credit - $5 * 6mos credit = $7.96)
  • No mention of any extension to my contract or commitment
  • Total time on phone ~ 30 min, with 20 min of that being on hold

Hope this helps someone save some $!

--Ebn

#512 OFFLINE   eazy-e

eazy-e

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Called in for second time after a month after receiving an offer for $99 off max. Said terminate account and got front-line Customer service. Said girl friend was wanting to switch to Dish die to monthly bill cost. They put me on hold twice and offered:

$11 off max for 6 payments = 66
10 off DVR for 6 = 60
5 off HBO for 6 = 30
5 off sports pack for 6 = 30
=186 off

I asked if they could do any more. She said let me transfer you to detentions to see if they could match Dish's offer.

After starting over she landed on:

$10 off for 12 on DVR
1/2 off max =$150
=$270 off of $300.

I took it. Didn't want to press my luck much further. Will have to get Showtime on my own this year yo get Homeland!

#513 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

After the past 5 weeks of calling basically once a week, I finally hit the ST free jackpot. Heard NO DICE first then went into cutting programming to get it done. Very nice person. No contract extension. Still 1 year on 2 contract. Thanks for people who kept telling me to keep trying. It paid off. 

#514 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

The people who think the value provided by Sunday Ticket has become too diluted will probably feel vindicated by this:

Sunday's Chargers-Raiders kickoff moved to 8:35 pm PT

http://www.cbssports...ed-to-835-pm-pt

Raiders moving their game Sunday to 11:35 ET, shown on NFL Network! This is to provide more time to convert the stadium from playoff baseball Saturday night to football on Sunday.

CBS will be losing the game, but I'm sure they'll be VERY happy to send Denver @ Dallas to the entire country and not miss out on California (which would have been stuck with the mediocre SD/OAK matchup in the 4:25 slot).

#515 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

If I'm looking at this right, Sunday Ticket will be good ONLY for seeing Carolina @ Arizona in the late afternoon in week 5 (unless you're in Cardinals territory, in which case you could see Denver @ Dallas on Sunday Ticket).

Any markets hosting early games  on CBS (and possibly some markets with road games) will be getting BOTH of those late games on their local affiliates. I guess they would be completely blacked out of Sunday Ticket starting at 4:25?

spam firewall