Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Sunday Ticket 2013 Pricing announced

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Personally I really wouldn't want to give up the screen real estate.

Guess that means you dont watch the mix channel at all.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Why can't Comcast offer ST? DirecTV does...

lol +1

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#63 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Guess that means you dont watch the mix channel at all.

I'm OK when they go quad-box on RZC, but it's not a permanent thing, only there when scoring opportunities occur in all four games. I wouldn't want it split that way all the time, so yeah, Mix channels don't appeal to me.

Edited by bidger, 23 April 2013 - 05:00 PM.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#64 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,650 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I hate the mix channels too + if it aint HD its dead to me.

#65 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

It seemed like last year most people that called just asking for free redzone did get it.

Redzone rules !!

Lol I hate the mix channels.  I like the concept but if I'm watching a game, I'm just into that one game.  As much as I love football, I can't justify spending an entire weekend watching it.  I'm in Alabama so college is more important but our guys have moved into different NFL teams and that makes me watch as much as I can.  With that being said, I take the NFL ST Max for the Shortcuts.  Watching an entire game in 28 minutes is pretty awesome when you're trying to keep up with 5 or 6 teams.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#66 OFFLINE   MikeR7

MikeR7

Icon

• Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Going for the Max. Loved having it as I'm a football junkie.

Ditto for me.

#67 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

I use the mix channels to pick a game more than anything else. Trying to watch them is annoying.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#68 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Mix (which is in HD) is absolutely my go-to channel, and I NEVER watch RedZone.

I know RedZone is the choice of many, but the notion of letting some producer pick games for me, or focusing solely on scoring plays (or impending scores) isn't what I'm looking for in a channel.

#69 OFFLINE   anex80

anex80

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Mix (which is in HD) is absolutely my go-to channel, and I NEVER watch RedZone.

I know RedZone is the choice of many, but the notion of letting some producer pick games for me, or focusing solely on scoring plays (or impending scores) isn't what I'm looking for in a channel.

Agreed! Why watch Redzone if you have ST and can flip to any game YOU want? I can see the value to a non-DTV sub who has no other option but not someone who has access to every game just a few channels up.

#70 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,117 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'll put on Redzone with the game I'm focused on in the PIP with the Genie & be set.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#71 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,650 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

Agreed! Why watch Redzone if you have ST and can flip to any game YOU want? I can see the value to a non-DTV sub who has no other option but not someone who has access to every game just a few channels up.

Because some times when my team isnt playing & there are 9 games going on i would rather just see all the action from all the games without missing anything live or on delay which cant be done even switching yourself between games.

& its really cool when they do the 2 game ping pong when each game has teams in goal to goal situations which you might miss if not knowing its happening.

Edited by dcowboy7, 24 April 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#72 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm OK when they go quad-box on RZC...

I watched a lot of DirecTV's Red Zone Channel last year, and never saw them show more than two games at once.  I believe the "quad-box" is solely an NFL RedZone thing.

trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#73 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Because some times when my team isnt playing & there are 9 games going on i would rather just see all the action from all the games without missing anything live or on delay which cant be done even switching yourself between games.

You can't see "all the action from all the games" on RedZone. You see the biggest plays live or delayed, presumably, but you surely don't see everything.

So if the only action you're interested in happens on scoring plays or near the goal line, yeah, RedZone is good for you. But that's just one definition of "all the action."

#74 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

+1.  If I want to keep up with specific teams, Red Zone is actually more irritating than anything else.  Granted my attention span is just too strict to allow me to get into another game for a couple minutes before switching to another game.  I just get lost.  Not to mention when you see an amazing 45 yard rush for a touchdown.  You miss those kinds of plays.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#75 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,650 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Not to mention when you see an amazing 45 yard rush for a touchdown.  You miss those kinds of plays.

I dont know what that means ?

#76 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

I watch redzone -because there are no commercials or injury timeout's -solid football uninterrupted,sunday and monday - I watch it with pandora on- YMMV

"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#77 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

+1.  If I want to keep up with specific teams, Red Zone is actually more irritating than anything else.  Granted my attention span is just too strict to allow me to get into another game for a couple minutes before switching to another game.  I just get lost.  Not to mention when you see an amazing 45 yard rush for a touchdown.  You miss those kinds of plays.

Actually, RedZone usually does end up showing those plays too, usually a few minutes after it happens they will have a recap that shows the play (assuming they weren't already showing that game since that team wasn't in the "Red Zone").  At least that is how it used to work, I haven't had it the last couple years as I've been gone so many weekends Sunday Ticket would be a waste of money for me.

They used to actually advertise that you would see every scoring play from every game.  They show as many as they can live, and the ones they miss they show as a replay.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#78 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

I watched a lot of DirecTV's Red Zone Channel last year, and never saw them show more than two games at once.  I believe the "quad-box" is solely an NFL RedZone thing.

You must have missed my equipment listing in my sig, I canceled DirecTV last August, so yeah, I saw it on the NFL RZC.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#79 OFFLINE   TravelFan1

TravelFan1

Legend

• Registered
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

My contract's over in June. I have had the Sunday ticket the last 2 years - the Max for free in the first year, as part of the promotion, and the regular one + Red Zone for a promotional price of $119 or something like that last year. This year, I'll try to just get the Red Zone. I wouldn't mind paying something like $50 bucks for the Red Zone.

Rip: Comcast: July 2005 - April 2009 & Dish Network: April 2009-July 2011
Directv since June 2011 and loving it!
Directv wish list:BBC World News, Fox Deportes HD, WatchEspn, FoxSports2Go

#80 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Actually, RedZone usually does end up showing those plays too, usually a few minutes after it happens they will have a recap that shows the play (assuming they weren't already showing that game since that team wasn't in the "Red Zone").  At least that is how it used to work, I haven't had it the last couple years as I've been gone so many weekends Sunday Ticket would be a waste of money for me.

They used to actually advertise that you would see every scoring play from every game.  They show as many as they can live, and the ones they miss they show as a replay.

They still do. Not only every scoring play but every good play, every turnover, etc.

They still do. Not only every scoring play but every good play, every turnover, etc.

Edited by joed32, 26 April 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...