Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Sunday Ticket 2013 Pricing announced

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#151 OFFLINE   Hdhead

Hdhead

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Anyone getting Red Zone as a stand alone for free this year? I've been able to get it in the past but haven't tried yet this year.

2 - HR20-100s
1 - HR21-100
1 - HR21-700
1 - HR34 Genie
1 - H24-100
1 - H24-200
SWM16/DECA

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#152 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Wow!
What is "ETF"?

Wow is what I said.  

ETF is Early Termination Fee - if I cancel before my contract is up.  I upgraded to Genie last year, therefore am still under contract.  In fact, the one-year contract I had to agree to for the above offer will expire before my two-year contract for the Genie expires.

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#153 OFFLINE   KsBillsFan

KsBillsFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

Yes, I looked at my account and Red Zone channel has been added. So looks like you should be able to do Red Zone as a stand alone, not just part of ST Max.

When I was doing my deal, the person I was talking with kept saying how happy DTV was with my long service (since 2009) and always paying my bill on time (auto pay). Also made a comment as long as I keep DTV, and pay my bill on time, I should be able to call back yearly for good deals, even when on contract. We shall see next summer.

Good luck to everyone else.

#154 OFFLINE   Crow159

Crow159

Godfather

• Registered
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Anyone getting Red Zone as a stand alone for free this year? I've been able to get it in the past but haven't tried yet this year.

I just called and got it added again this year. This is now the 4th or 5th year in a row that I've gotten Redzone for free without the ST.

#155 OFFLINE   SAT SITH

SAT SITH

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFront Royal, Virginia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

called retention and got NFLST max for 6 payments at 38.99

with a $50 instant credit

= 183.94 out the door.

is it september yet!?!

HR34-700, HR21-700 (leased)

HR21-700(owned)

R16-300(owned)

R15-300(owned)

R15-500(owned)

R15-500(owned)

H10-200(owned)

lifetimeTIVO, PP, WHDVR, SWM16 broadbandDECA, NFLST4EVR

DTV since '96

#156 OFFLINE   wheelswagz

wheelswagz

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

Did my annual call today. Just told the automated system I wanted to end service. Didn't say cancel, just said "terminate service". Seems to get me to retention. Told the guy straight up I wanted to lower my bill, not pay for Sunday Ticket and maybe upgrade to the Genie. He comes back with the following:

$20 off per month for 12 months.

$15 off per month for 15 months.

Sunday Ticket with Red Zone for free. Said he didn't have anything for Sunday Ticket Max.

Showtime for free for 3 months.

Genie for free.

Did have to sign a 2yr contract. But wanted the Genie and expected that. He did say if I didn't wan the Genie, I could do everything else still. The Sunday Ticket for free would require a 1 yr contract.  

I feel good. Almost tried for the previously mentioned $200 Visa Card, but since I wasn't paying for Sunday Ticket, I didn't ask. 

Thanks KsBillsFan!  I used your post pretty much as my "script".  I've been with DTV for almost 20 years, with Sunday Ticket every year as well.  Here is what I got from my call today...

$34/month credit for 12 months.

Sunday Ticket with Red Zone Channel for free this year, will not auto-renew next year.

GenieGo for free.

Required one year contract extension to July 2014.

• KsBillsFan likes this

DirecTV & NFL Ticket Subscriber since 1995

#157 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Looks like DIRECTV is making a lot of die hard football fans real happy.. lol 

Call in for the Sunday Ticket, get that and a bunch more stuff. 

#158 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'm curious about you guys who sign up for the Red Zone channel as a stand alone.  Doesn't it drive you crazy when the RZC signs off for the night and games are still going on?  What if there is a good game that is still going on and is not available in your market?  It's like the Heidi Bowl all over again!

I remember a number of times switching to a game that is still going on when Andrew signs off for the night...and saying 'thank goodness I can switch to the game'.

Sandra

Edited by Sandra, 26 June 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#159 OFFLINE   SteelersFan

SteelersFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Customer for 13 years.  Actually 17, but they screwed up my files after a move.  I was very upset about the promotion for new subscribers who receive the NFL Sunday Ticket for free so I talked to CR a few months back and was told that my records would reflect that I get it for free when it came available again.  End result after my call:

NFL Sunday Ticket = Free

NFL Sunday Ticket Max = Free

$15 off my bill for the next 15 months

DirecTV really came through today.  I'm theirs for another year. :)

#160 OFFLINE   CTDad

CTDad

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Probably none. More and more weekday games available reducing the value of the subscription, and really not sure worth it.

#161 OFFLINE   byroan

byroan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

I got $25 off for 12 months. $3 off a month for 3 months. Sunday Ticket Max for 4 payments of $36.99.

So it comes out to Sunday Ticket Max for free plus $161.04 discount.

Usually I just call and get ST free but I figured I'd try for some discounts this time.

Edited by byroan, 27 June 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#162 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Doesn't it drive you crazy when the RZC signs off for the night and games are still going on?  What if there is a good game that is still going on and is not available in your market?

If I recall correctly from last season, this isn't an issue anymore -- RZC no longer does the "early sign off."
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#163 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,673 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

If I recall correctly from last season, this isn't an issue anymore -- RZC no longer does the "early sign off."

Dont they have to sign off @ 8:00 or did that change.

#164 OFFLINE   KsBillsFan

KsBillsFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

So my Dad wanted to get the Genie and better deal on Sunday Ticket. So he had me call in for him. Knowing what I already received, I knew what they could do for me. My dad has been a longer subscriber to DTV, never been late and pays more per month as he has premium movie channels. Plus has been paying for HD for over the past year, as he didn't know the credit for HD had came off his bill.

First guy try to tell me HD is never free for anyone and the reason DTV charges for HD is because they make sure all HD channels are in HD all the time. No other provider can do this. I called him out on this. He would only give out a the $20 and $15 credits. Wouldn't do free Sunday Ticket at all. Even when I mentioned a one year contract. He kept saying everyone gets different deals based on their length of service, bill history and how much they subscribe to. I just laughed and told him I'd call back later.

Later was 3 minutes. Next guy was extremely friendly. Told me he would make sure I didn't leave DTV. He gave my dad the $20, $15, and $10 (for HD) credits. Free Sunday Ticket with Red Zone. Free Genie upgrade with free install. He even waived the $99.99 fee for whole home networking install. I didn't even have to haggle with him. He just threw it out at me. It took longer to listen to all the rules and contract talk then it did to make the deal.

So I would say the $20 and $15 credits with free Sunday Ticket is the base DTV is willing to do. Might get something better if you push them some. Not sure. 

#165 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

So my Dad wanted to get the Genie and better deal on Sunday Ticket. So he had me call in for him. Knowing what I already received, I knew what they could do for me. My dad has been a longer subscriber to DTV, never been late and pays more per month as he has premium movie channels. Plus has been paying for HD for over the past year, as he didn't know the credit for HD had came off his bill.

First guy try to tell me HD is never free for anyone and the reason DTV charges for HD is because they make sure all HD channels are in HD all the time. No other provider can do this. I called him out on this. He would only give out a the $20 and $15 credits. Wouldn't do free Sunday Ticket at all. Even when I mentioned a one year contract. He kept saying everyone gets different deals based on their length of service, bill history and how much they subscribe to. I just laughed and told him I'd call back later.

Later was 3 minutes. Next guy was extremely friendly. Told me he would make sure I didn't leave DTV. He gave my dad the $20, $15, and $10 (for HD) credits. Free Sunday Ticket with Red Zone. Free Genie upgrade with free install. He even waived the $99.99 fee for whole home networking install. I didn't even have to haggle with him. He just threw it out at me. It took longer to listen to all the rules and contract talk then it did to make the deal.

So I would say the $20 and $15 credits with free Sunday Ticket is the base DTV is willing to do. Might get something better if you push them some. Not sure. 

Bet your dad was happy! 

#166 OFFLINE   KsBillsFan

KsBillsFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Bet your dad was happy! 

Yes, his bill went from $134/mo to $89/mo. I probably could have gotten him free showtime for 6months, but didn't push it.

#167 OFFLINE   repoman75

repoman75

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

I called today to cancel ST and Was told I've taken care of that for you. Thank you for calling Directv.

Pretty much same thing for me.  They gave me $25 for 6 months for being an "awesome" customer.  Then I asked about pricing of ST - $300 for max, $250 without RZ and tablet viewing.  I said is $250 the best they can do?  They said the lowest they will go is $220.  I cancelled it.  I'll call back in August and see if I can get at least 1/2 price.

#168 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Called today, saying "terminate service" as suggested by KSBillsFan on p. 8 (had to say it again and answer "No" to a question about whether I wanted to cancel my service because I was moving). I was connected with about the friendliest, most obliging CSR I've ever spoken with (so I assume I managed to successfully get to Retention). I told him I was calling to see what deals or discounts they might have for a long standing Directv customer(been with them since 2000) for NFLST and also said I was interested in what deals they might have on an upgrade to a Genie. He said he was going to do what he could to reduce the cost of my bill (I didn't bring that up) and offered me a $15 credit each month for 12 months. Then he offered me NFLST for free. I asked if he could throw in Red Zone gratis as well and he said it wouldn't be a problem. Then we started talking about Genie. He told me he couldn't get me that for free, but offered to send out installers to get me able to do Whole Home (I don't have a SWiM) and give me a Cinema Connection Kit for free and encouraged me to call back later and see if a better deal on Genie might be available. After the call I checked "Recent Activity" on the Directv website and saw that everything he spoke to me about was there including another little thing he must have forgotten to mention: $5 off HBO for six months. Overall, I was very pleased!

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#169 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Called today, saying "terminate service" as suggested by KSBillsFan on p. 8 (had to say it again and answer "No" to a question about whether I wanted to cancel my service because I was moving). I was connected with about the friendliest, most obliging CSR I've ever spoken with (so I assume I managed to successfully get to Retention). I told him I was calling to see what deals or discounts they might have for a long standing Directv customer(been with them since 2000) for NFLST and also said I was interested in what deals they might have on an upgrade to a Genie. He said he was going to do what he could to reduce the cost of my bill (I didn't bring that up) and offered me a $15 credit each month for 12 months. Then he offered me NFLST for free. I asked if he could throw in Red Zone gratis as well and he said it wouldn't be a problem. Then we started talking about Genie. He told me he couldn't get me that for free, but offered to send out installers to get me able to do Whole Home (I don't have a SWiM) and give me a Cinema Connection Kit for free and encouraged me to call back later and see if a better deal on Genie might be available. After the call I checked "Recent Activity" on the Directv website and saw that everything he spoke to me about was there including another little thing he must have forgotten to mention: $5 off HBO for six months. Overall, I was very pleased!

I don't understand why you don't qualify for a free genie upgrade, especially if you've been with them since 2000 and I'm assuming your equipment is older. Would seem like they would have jumped on the opportunity to lock you in for another two years, that kind of surprises me.. Or could have at least given a discount I would think 

Edited by DR2420, 29 June 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#170 OFFLINE   KsBillsFan

KsBillsFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Then we started talking about Genie. He told me he couldn't get me that for free....

Do you have the protection plan? If you do, you should have been able to upgrade your equipment for free with 2yr contract. 

#171 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, that blows my mind they wouldn't work with him on the genie.. A friend of mine just got upgraded to the genie absolutely free, doesn't and hasn't had the protection plan either. Just depends who you talk to I guess. 

#172 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

I don't have the protection plan, so that may have had something to do with not getting Genie for free. I didn't really push, though, since Genie wasn't the main reason I called. I was really after the free Sunday Ticket and so when I got that and more I was quite a happy camper.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#173 OFFLINE   DR2420

DR2420

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

I don't have the protection plan, so that may have had something to do with not getting Genie for free. I didn't really push, though, since Genie wasn't the main reason I called. I was really after the free Sunday Ticket and so when I got that and more I was quite a happy camper.

As long as you are happy, that's all that matters. I do think if you pushed it, you would have been able to get the genie. You would be in contract for another two years though, as I'm sure you already know. I guess that's one positive about not upgrading. 

#174 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,447 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

I called and was able to get Sunday Ticket free with a 12 month commitment, Red Zone Channel for free, as well as Starz & Showtime free for 3 months.  I was really calling to add Showtime since the last season of Dexter is starting tonight.  Could not pass this up though.  I was already under a commitment until Feb of next year.  Might as well just make it the end of May and get everything for free.  Taken care of first call.  I was nervious as I just recently received a good deal for MLB Xtra Innings.  That one had all the credits for x amount of months.  Then I got a $206 disaster credit so I was not sure what I would get today.  I am very happy with what I got.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-100 Owned, HR20-700 Owned (Not Active), R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR44-500 Owned. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#175 OFFLINE   bakerfall

bakerfall

Godfather

• Registered
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Called retention today, got:

- ST and RZC for free

- Showtime for 3 months

- Starz for 6 months

I already have several discounts on my account so they couldn't give me any more, but they said to call back when they expired and they'd find more to give.  Did require a one year agreement, but I'm already in a two year agreement from a Genie upgrade in March.  

HR20-700 (w/1 TB eSATA drive), HR24-500 x3, HR22-100, SWM-16, DECA

Protected By... spam firewall...And...