Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Use HR-24 as a R-15 until ...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lwdaniel

lwdaniel

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

My R-15 is getting long in the tooth. I want to get a HR-24 from WKs but want to hold off on getting the satellite dish upgraded. Is it possible to use the hr24 on my dual LNB satellite dish receiving standard def until I am ready for the slimline HDTV satellite dish?

Larry

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

It will work. Just set it up with the dish type that you have now.

When you do change to HD you will need BBC's on each coax unless you change all the way to a SWM system.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Also, be aware that you may have an issue getting it activated, since D* will NOT let you put any HD receivers on your account, w/out ALSO charging you the HD access fee. (unless you're in an MPEG4 locals market, which Houston obviously is NOT)
Even then if you agree to this, D* may have an issue trying to activate it anyway, since they're going to show in their system you do NOT have an HD (slimline) dish.

#4 OFFLINE   lwdaniel

lwdaniel

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

okay, thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...