Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Movie Mania on Blockbuster Channel 102

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   patman2

patman2

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Every movie I've tried to watch as part of the Dish Feb-Mar Movie Mania on Blockbuster channel 102 has had extremely low volume. Even at max TV volume, I can barely make out what's being said. Only closed captioning helps the movies make any sense. Let me guess - the movies are free but you have to subscribe to get volume!:lol:

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

What receiver?

#3 OFFLINE   patman2

patman2

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

The receiver is a 512. The problem has been there for at least a few weeks. I first noticed it with the special preview of Enlightened which was aired on 102 a few weeks ago but I thought it was just a problem with that broadcast. Then it showed up on Age of Innocence (last week), Bugsy, and The Last Picture Show (this weekend). The volume on all other Dish channels that I watch is fine.

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Yep, thats a known issue they are working on. I think it was mainly on the 625 receiver but the 522 is the receiver family and the 625 is in that family and the 512 is just a single output 522 so I'm sure your issue is the same thing they are investigating and working on.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,766 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

to make the DVR family/member easy to understand , take a look here http://www.dishuser.org/software.php

#6 OFFLINE   patman2

patman2

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yep, thats a known issue they are working on. I think it was mainly on the 625 receiver but the 522 is the receiver family and the 625 is in that family and the 512 is just a single output 522 so I'm sure your issue is the same thing they are investigating and working on.

Thanks! Is there some knowledge base somewhere that has all known problems? I searched in Google before posting here and didn't get any meaningful results.

#7 OFFLINE   patman2

patman2

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

to make the DVR family/member easy to understand , take a look here http://www.dishuser.org/software.php

Thanks for the link. Too bad the software versions are not up-to-date on that site. The DVR512 is now on L582 (since Oct 2012)

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,766 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the link. Too bad the software versions are not up-to-date on that site. The DVR512 is now on L582 (since Oct 2012)

PM BobaBird here ...

spam firewall