Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need recommendation for HD Antenna

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

I have a Directv Slimline5 dish with SWM and just ordered a AM21. Was looking at the Terk TV44 clamp on but read alot of bad reviews. Anybody have a suggestion for a Outdoor HD Antenna for a dish ? :confused:

King Cable Cutter ! XBMC , PLEX , Raspberry Pi   Love my New Boxes :)

Avatars are to protect the Ugly people from scaring others !
Come from the land of Pennsylvania where Cable TV was invented ! Had HBO back in the 70's and total cable bill was $ 12.00 and all TV's got Cable with no extra fee ! Been using satellite since the C-Band Days and Dave and Charlie

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kenglish

kenglish

Icon

• Registered
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah, USA

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

You probably should post your results from some site like tvfool.com or rabbitears.info.
That will show what kinds of signals are available at your location, and where they all come from.
I wouldn't expect a small antenna that mounts on the dish or it's brackets to work very well in many circumstances, though. A "regular" antenna is usually the best. It's size will be dictated by the receive location.

#3 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Wasnt sure if anyone has any luck with a Strap on Antenna for OTA

King Cable Cutter ! XBMC , PLEX , Raspberry Pi   Love my New Boxes :)

Avatars are to protect the Ugly people from scaring others !
Come from the land of Pennsylvania where Cable TV was invented ! Had HBO back in the 70's and total cable bill was $ 12.00 and all TV's got Cable with no extra fee ! Been using satellite since the C-Band Days and Dave and Charlie

Protected By... spam firewall...And...