Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV Android App - Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

I think the "Watch On Phone", is a nice feature that on the DIRECTV Android App. The problem is, that the DIRECTV App doesn't work when I'm on WIFI. I can occasional get it to work on my carriers 4G, but that is hit and miss, since it uses a lot of bandwidth.

I'm using a Google Galaxy Nexus smartphone with Jelly Bean v2.2.2. When I open the app, I get the whirling circle. If I hit the back button, then I can select "Watch On Phone", then "TV Shows". Instead of going to the show selection screen, I get "DIRECTV App encountered technical difficulty".

Anyone else on this Android version able to get the feature to work on WIFI?

Attached Thumbnails

• DIRECTV App Issue.jpg
  • Android 2.2.2 r1.jpg

HR34-700, HR22-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mikeren1

mikeren1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts
  • LocationJax, Fl

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Android 4.0.4 here.. ICS i believe..Working fine here on wifi and 4g.

Noticed u wanted only those on that version to check, my bad ..

Edited by mikeren1, 24 February 2013 - 10:15 AM.
z

#3 OFFLINE   kiknwing

kiknwing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Just checked using my Galaxy Nexus (4.2.2) and its working for me on wifi.

My Setup
Directv '98

#4 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for the posts! Can't figure out what my issue is. Maybe my Time Warner internet is blocking it, in hope that I'll switch to Time Warner cable. ;)
HR34-700, HR22-100

#5 OFFLINE   jimmy_27320

jimmy_27320

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Nexus 7 working; I have TW internet.

#6 OFFLINE   Lugnut

Lugnut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

I think the "Watch On Phone", is a nice feature that on the DIRECTV Android App. The problem is, that the DIRECTV App doesn't work when I'm on WIFI. I can occasional get it to work on my carriers 4G, but that is hit and miss, since it uses a lot of bandwidth.

I'm using a Google Galaxy Nexus smartphone with Jelly Bean v2.2.2. When I open the app, I get the whirling circle. If I hit the back button, then I can select "Watch On Phone", then "TV Shows". Instead of going to the show selection screen, I get "DIRECTV App encountered technical difficulty".

Anyone else on this Android version able to get the feature to work on WIFI?

I would make sure that port 80 is opened on your router. You may have to forward it to your phone's ip depending on your router manufacturer.
"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" - John C. Maxwell

DIRECTV Employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV.

My Equipment:
2x HR-24-100
1x HR-22-100
2x H25-100

spam firewall