Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Directv Ripping Me Off. Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stik6873

stik6873

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I decided to redo my kids playroom for Christmas by adding a new TV and DVR for them. On Nov. 28th I purchased a new HD DVR from Directv's website and paid the $220 fee with shipping. The DVR arrived a few days later but I didn't open the box until Dec 21st, I had it hidded in the house and planned to set it up Christmas Eve. Well when I opened the box on the 21st they had sent me a refurbed HR21 which was all dinged and scratched up. This was unacceptable so I called DTV and was told they can ship me any reciever, it doesn't have to be an HR24. I was already fully aware of this policy, but actually thought it had changed becuase when I ordered it on their website it specifically stated HR24 DVR with a 500GB hard drive. We know and HR21 is less than that (talk about fraud on the website.) Anyway so as to not disappoint the kids I ordered a new HR24 through Solid Signal and had it shipped overnight (yes I know I should have done this in the first place.) Now obviously I wanted to return the HR21 for a refund. After 5 calls to Directv they finally sent me the shipping label for the return and I was told I would be refunded as soon as they received it. We they did receive it on Feb 14th per the tracking information. I called yesterday and asked when I would be receiving my credit. They told me I would not receive a credit because I had activated the receiver they sent me on Dec. 24th. No, I said, I had activated an HR24 I purchased from Solid Signal on Dec 24th. They again stated that their system showed they sent me an HR24 on Nov 28th, and thats the one I had activated. I told them I have all the receipts from Solid Signal stating I purchased and HR24, and I have pictures of the HR21 they sent me along with all the documentation. They continued to say I will not receive a credit because I had activated the receiver they had sent me. After being on the phone for over 2 hours, they put me on hold to find the 4th supervisor I would speak to during this call and they disconnected me. Are you kidding!!!!!! This is absolute BS! Any advice???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,833 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Email Ellen Filipiak VP of Custopmer Service at ellen.filipiak@directv.com & explain your situation and the run around
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I decided to redo my kids playroom for Christmas by adding a new TV and DVR for them. On Nov. 28th I purchased a new HD DVR from Directv's website and paid the $220 fee with shipping. The DVR arrived a few days later but I didn't open the box until Dec 21st, I had it hidded in the house and planned to set it up Christmas Eve. Well when I opened the box on the 21st they had sent me a refurbed HR21 which was all dinged and scratched up. This was unacceptable so I called DTV and was told they can ship me any reciever, it doesn't have to be an HR24. I was already fully aware of this policy, but actually thought it had changed becuase when I ordered it on their website it specifically stated HR24 DVR with a 500GB hard drive. We know and HR21 is less than that (talk about fraud on the website.) Anyway so as to not disappoint the kids I ordered a new HR24 through Solid Signal and had it shipped overnight (yes I know I should have done this in the first place.) Now obviously I wanted to return the HR21 for a refund. After 5 calls to Directv they finally sent me the shipping label for the return and I was told I would be refunded as soon as they received it. We they did receive it on Feb 14th per the tracking information. I called yesterday and asked when I would be receiving my credit. They told me I would not receive a credit because I had activated the receiver they sent me on Dec. 24th. No, I said, I had activated an HR24 I purchased from Solid Signal on Dec 24th. They again stated that their system showed they sent me an HR24 on Nov 28th, and thats the one I had activated. I told them I have all the receipts from Solid Signal stating I purchased and HR24, and I have pictures of the HR21 they sent me along with all the documentation. They continued to say I will not receive a credit because I had activated the receiver they had sent me. After being on the phone for over 2 hours, they put me on hold to find the 4th supervisor I would speak to during this call and they disconnected me. Are you kidding!!!!!! This is absolute BS! Any advice???

Sounds like, there is defeintly some confusion/miscommunication somewhere. I can say if you did activate the HR21 at any time, then it wouldn't be refunded. Sorry for the problem your having. If you not getting anywhere over the phone, you can send feedback to the online team under the feedback section, they normally respond within 24 hours I think.

Edited by HinterXGames, 24 February 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#4 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Surely activating the receiver involves the serial number of the receiver.
It should be easy to prove if someone would just check the serial number that was activated. Your Solid Signal receipt probably has the serial number on it that matches the receiver that you activated.

Follow Sigma1914 instructions. They will clear it up for you.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,425 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

If I go to the product page for the HD DVR when adding one to my cart, it says HR24 shown, your HD DVR may vary.

#6 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

If I go to the product page for the HD DVR when adding one to my cart, it says HR24 shown, your HD DVR may vary.

I really wish they would change that. That has caused so many problems it is not funny. If a person is upgrading or adding a DVR and is charged the full $199 fee for it then it should be an HR24 in my opinion. They would have a lot more happy instead of feeling cheated customers.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#7 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,425 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

I'm with you there, but it's not fraud.

spam firewall