Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22 On it's way out?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

My HR22 has been acting weird today. It's been randomly losing the connection with the satellite even though the weather is totally clear, then while I was watching Iron-man it completely just stopped working. I could pull up the guide and change channels but every channel was just black, no audio. Tried to go into the menu and check the satellite signals but then it just froze. I hit the reset button and after getting through all the startup stuff it seems to be working but it did just drop the satellite signal briefly again and it has me worried. Any advice?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Now I'm also getting "Problems communicating with dish (775)" :(

Keep in mind this is a system that's been installed and working fine for 8+ months...The HR22 was brought from my last house, I've had it for about 2 1/2 years now.

#3 OFFLINE   garrettw

garrettw

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Keep in mind this is a system that's been installed and working fine for 8+ months...The HR22 was brought from my last house, I've had it for about 2 1/2 years now.

I am trying to connect receiver hr23-100 to 5 lnb dish with 2 cables only line one will show a signal , any suggestions ?

#4 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,173 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I am trying to connect receiver hr23-100 to 5 lnb dish with 2 cables only line one will show a signal , any suggestions ?

Did you go thru the Satellite Setup menu and choose the Slimline 5 and Multi switch ?
Menu, Settings, Satellite, Repeat Satellite Setup

Edited by jimmie57, 09 March 2013 - 08:34 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   Lugnut

Lugnut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Error code 775 is not a satellite alignment error code. It is specifically for when the receiver can't detect your SWM wiring.

This sounds like it could possibly be a faulty SWM power supply. Try unplugging the power cord to your SWM power supply and plugging it back in. If it continues, I would call tech support. SWM power supplies are available for drop shipment if it is the issue. They can also help if it happens to be an issue with the tuner or with the SWM switch. Can you run a diagnostic test? That will help narrow it down.

Press MENU button

Select "Settings & Help," press SELECT

Select "Settings," press SELECT

Select "Info & Test," press SELECT

Select "Run System Test," press SELECT

It should give you a diagnostic code, please post that here. Thanks.

Edited by Lugnut, 25 February 2013 - 10:54 AM.

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" - John C. Maxwell

DIRECTV Employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV.

My Equipment:
2x HR-24-100
1x HR-22-100
2x H25-100

#6 OFFLINE   bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Sorry for the slow replies, I've been away on business. It's still doing it occasionally. Just ran a system test and it said 3 tests failed.

Diag Code 21-71-73-981
1. Internal Storage Error Detected
2. Cannot Detect Internet
3. Cannot Detect Network or Phone Dial Tone

So then I ran the network setup because I know it's connected to the internet and the first thing it does is test my network which it then 'found' the internet and gave me the confirmation screen. So I ran the system test again and got 2 tests failed:
Diag Code 21-72-379
1. Internal Storage Error Detected
2. Cannot Detect Phone Dial Tone (I don't have a phone landline)

#7 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,173 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Internal storage problem is reason for a replacement.
Call them and tell them what you have done.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#8 OFFLINE   bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

They'll replace it for free? I believe I'm paying that couple bucks a month for the protection plan or whatever it is...

#9 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,173 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

If you pay the insurance / protection plan it should be free.
If not, they charge $20 for shipping.

#10 OFFLINE   bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

As a side note, I have two of the power inserters because I kept the one from my last house and when they set it up at the new one they installed a new one. So I swapped them out as soon as this started happening and it had no effect.

Calling them now.

#11 OFFLINE   bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Coolio, got a new one on the way :)

Will post results when I get the new one set up.

spam firewall