Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

sports pack (specifically fox college sports)...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flybynyte

flybynyte

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

i believe fox college sports is divided into 3 venues, fcs atlantic, central, and pacific. does directv's sports pack include all 3 OR does directv "pick and choose" what they broadcast on the fcs channel?

i am considering trying their sports pack, but, am also looking for something specific---namely, coverage of the summit league tournament that will be carried by fcs atlantic.

if i subscribe, should i be able to view this, or, is it a crapshoot with directv???:confused:

Edited by flybynyte, 25 February 2013 - 11:26 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

The programming on Fox College Sports is simply a duplication of what's on all the other various Fox Sports Net RSNs condensed into three channels. It was created so that cable companies do not have to carry every RSN to get the big games.

By subscribing to the Sports Pack you are getting access to the 24/7 RSNs and that college content, so there is no need to carry the three FCS channels full-time. Occassional FCS has exclusive content, which Directv usually airs on an overflow channel in the 600's.

There's a current topic that touches on this over here: http://www.dbstalk.c...364#post3178364

Edited by mws192, 25 February 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   tullahomatom

tullahomatom

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

You should have every game that is on the RSN, it is worth the price.
Tom
NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI

Philips 52PFL7422d/37
Vizio VL47OM
Philips 32PFL3505D
HR21-200
HD24-700
HR34

#4 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

i believe fox college sports is divided into 3 venues, fcs atlantic, central, and pacific. does directv's sports pack include all 3 OR does directv "pick and choose" what they broadcast on the fcs channel?

i am considering trying their sports pack, but, am also looking for something specific---namely, coverage of the summit league tournament that will be carried by fcs atlantic.

if i subscribe, should i be able to view this, or, is it a crapshoot with directv???:confused:

you should be able to. If FCS is carrying a Midco produced program it has been on the FCS channels on D*.

As example a couple weeks ago Directv carried both the SDSU Jacks game and the UND game on the FCS channels. They played at the same time too.

The key thing is this....if the game is carried on other RSN's along with FCS they sometimes wont carry the FCS version but instead make you watch the other RSN...since FCS is part of the sports pack why carry the game twice? ;)

I just checked my guide for the games but since D* updates those FCS only games guide info a day or two beforehand its not in there yet.

#5 OFFLINE   flybynyte

flybynyte

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

thanks for the replies! i did check the dtv guide, but, fcs doesn't show programming that far out (forgot to mention that in op). think i will get the sports pack and see what happens.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...