Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

one dish 512 receiver two tv's watch both ota as well

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ladyharley

ladyharley

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Can someone tell me how to connect (1) dish 512 receiver on two TV's along with being able to see OTA cable from roof antenna on both Tv's as well as seeing dish?

Thank you

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,898 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Umm... I thought you literally just posted in another thread that you canceled Dish?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   ladyharley

ladyharley

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

i did but I still get some programming just not subcribed stuff weird LOL

#4 OFFLINE   ladyharley

ladyharley

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

LOL lotta lookers no one knows?

#5 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

LOL lotta lookers no one knows?

Your 512 will go black within a month indicating no subscription, The 512 dosen't have an ATSC tuner so it caqn't get OTA.

#6 OFFLINE   ladyharley

ladyharley

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

hmmm I had it set up but had to move things around. I had both tv's on dish and both received Digital reception from one OTA cable from the roof. I just don't remember how it was done.

#7 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

ladyharley, here would be your instructions.

Connect a RG-6 coax cable from the "satellite" in port on back of the 512 and run it to the "other TV" you want to use. Connect the RG-6 coax to the TV "in" port connector. If you have a set of RCA-type (Red-White-Yellow) cables. Connect the Video "yellow" cable to the TV-1 "output" on the 512 receiver. Connect the other Yellow RCA to the TV's RCA 'Video Input" on the TV. Connect the other RCA-type (Red and White) cables..."audio inputs" from the 512 TV-1 "output" to the TV audio imput ports.

To get the "locals OTA stations, you must connect a RG-6 coax cable from the roof antenna to the TV CH 3-4 port.

If you have "still" the Dish 512 receiver, all the above is listed on pages 23-27

Protected By... spam firewall...And...