Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installer Left Old Dish Up

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bobcamp1

bobcamp1

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Because it's your property

Yeah, but just dumping it in the middle of the lawn?  That's unprofessional.  How about asking, "where do you want me to put the old dish?"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,484 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

I thought Dish had a model with a 2" mast.

Nope, even their "newer" dishes uses the same 1 5/8 mast with monopoles

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#23 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, but just dumping it in the middle of the lawn?  That's unprofessional.  How about asking, "where do you want me to put the old dish?"

I assumed he meant it was on an old pole mount in the middle of his yard.  If that is the case, then I don't really see a problem with the installer leaving it there.  Like it has said before, that is not part of their job.  If they were to get injured, or accidentally damage your property or hurt someone else when removing it they would likely end up in trouble and possibly lose their job.

Now if the installer actually removed the dish from a roof, or something like that and just threw it in a pile in the middle of the yard, yeah that is somewhat annoying.  But again, the installer did something that was not part of his job so you really shouldn't be too upset about it, after all he didn't need to remove it at all, he could have left it for the owner to remove like he is supposed to.

To me that's like getting mad at a waiter for bringing you a napkin so you can wipe something off your face, rather than the waiter actually wiping it off for you .

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

Protected By... spam firewall...And...