Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Protection Plan Cancellation Charge??

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   inf0z

inf0z

Legend

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

It may be that Directv properly charged you in this case, but if they did make a mistake, rest assured that their lackeys here will defend them regardless.

Lackeys are gonna lackey....trolls are gonna troll. Troll away god sir.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Lackeys are gonna lackey....trolls are gonna troll. Troll away god sir.

It ain't trolling if it's true, and you know it is. In fact, your post proves it.

#23 OFFLINE   Lugnut

Lugnut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts
  • LocationEagle, Idaho

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Be lucky it was only $6, we added it when we started with a new comitment in 2011.. i canceled it last month after becoming commitment free and was charged $10. I figured it was probably not worth the hassle and said "Eh,whatever"

It was $6 for him because he lives in Illinois. CA and IL is $6. $10 for the rest.

Previous DIRECTV Employee

#24 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

It ain't trolling if it's true, and you know it is. In fact, your post proves it.

A differing of opinion or a different expierence whe dealing with customer service and reporting it is NOT trolling by any realm of definition - at least with the majority of the people. As far as being true - truth, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder and subject to a broad scale of inteperetation.

#25 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

A differing of opinion or a different expierence whe dealing with customer service and reporting it is NOT trolling by any realm of definition - at least with the majority of the people. As far as being true - truth, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder and subject to a broad scale of inteperetation.

The truth that I am referring to is the way some on this board will defend Directv regardless of what they do. In their eyes Directv can do no wrong. I mean that literally.

#26 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

The truth that I am referring to is the way some on this board will defend Directv regardless of what they do. In their eyes Directv can do no wrong. I mean that literally.

They do plenty wrong, but IMO, 3/4 of the BS here is not Directv's fault, just people that won't take responsibility for their own actions. This thread for example, it was eventually determined that the OP actually needed to keep the PP for another month to not be charged the disconnect fee, which even though he was in the wrong, D* credited him back. When the OP found out it was his mistake, do you think he's going to give the credit back? Not attacking the OP at all, just pointing out the hypocritical view that many take. I want balance...

#27 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

They do plenty wrong, but IMO, 3/4 of the BS here is not Directv's fault, just people that won't take responsibility for their own actions. This thread for example, it was eventually determined that the OP actually needed to keep the PP for another month to not be charged the disconnect fee, which even though he was in the wrong, D* credited him back. When the OP found out it was his mistake, do you think he's going to give the credit back? Not attacking the OP at all, just pointing out the hypocritical view that many take. I want balance...

Absolutely correct. However, look at the first few posts in this thread. Before it was even determined what the real problem was, the op was being harassed for even questioning it.

#28 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,496 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Absolutely correct. However, look at the first few posts in this thread. Before it was even determined what the real problem was, the op was being harassed for even questioning it.

Incorrect.

I was trying to determine what he was trying to find out/his point.

It appeared that an inadvertent charge was made, he called and after realizing their mistake, they credited him back the cost.

Big deal, mistakes happen all the time with every company.

Now, as it turns out, it wasn't a mistake on D*'s part, but they gave him a credit anyway.

I still don't understand the need for the thread to being with. Why didn't the OP ask why the charge was there when he called? If he did, what did they tell him?

If you were overcharged for something and you called to inquire, wouldn't you ask about it? And wouldn't whatever was said be relevant if you were going to post a thread about it?

I wasn't defending D*, I was condemning idiocy.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#29 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Incorrect.

I was trying to determine what he was trying to find out/his point.

It appeared that an inadvertent charge was made, he called and after realizing their mistake, they credited him back the cost.

Big deal, mistakes happen all the time with every company.

Now, as it turns out, it wasn't a mistake on D*'s part, but they gave him a credit anyway.

I still don't understand the need for the thread to being with. Why didn't the OP ask why the charge was there when he called? If he did, what did they tell him?

If you were overcharged for something and you called to inquire, wouldn't you ask about it? And wouldn't whatever was said be relevant if you were going to post a thread about it?

I wasn't defending D*, I was condemning idiocy.

Wow, so now you are calling the op an idiot?

#30 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,263 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Please get back to the topic.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#31 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

The reason why I was charge $6 was because when they added PP last year and canceled this year last month, I wasn't aware about the 30 days that dont count before the 12 month coverage would begin, meaning that on the 13th month I wouldn't see a cancel fee. But like I said the credit it back (maybe to squash the complaint) So all is well.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#32 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

defending no one that is your preception - disagreeing with something in not defending

#33 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

defending no one that is your preception - disagreeing with something in not defending

I'm entirely unsure what you mean by this.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...