Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Changing account

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,940 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

How do I make a MAJOR change to my account now? I call Directv, but they say they are closed. That's unacceptable! They either need to have 24 hour service, or let me make account changes via the website!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,372 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

What sort of change? You can make some changes to your account and services via the Web site, just not everything.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,940 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

What sort of change? You can make some changes to your account and services via the Web site, just not everything.

I need to temporarily suspend my account.

#4 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

It always says that as soon as you call, but there are ways around that by just saying "speak to agent" at the prompt eventually they'll answer.
Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 Deactivated
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#5 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

It always says that as soon as you call, but there are ways around that by just saying "speak to agent" at the prompt eventually they'll answer.

Uh OK, so how DO you get a "live agent" in off-hours for issues like this, when DirecTV (themselves state) NO longer has 24-hour live agent support??? :rolleyes:

http://support.direc...rs-of-operation

Our customer care hours of operation are from 8:00 AM to 1 AM ET, daily.
Technical support is still available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist with technical service issues.

(BTW, I HIGHLY doubt suspending an account is considered "technical support"... )

#6 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

a tech can suspend the account as well. The issue is that twice a week the systems are down for reporting from approx 1 am - 6 am. That is usually Wednesday and Saturday evenings

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#7 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

How do I make a MAJOR change to my account now? I call Directv, but they say they are closed. That's unacceptable! They either need to have 24 hour service, or let me make account changes via the website!

You want to suspend the account in the middle of the night? Can't you wait until 8 am to do so?

Reminds me of the guy praying:
Lord, give me the gift of patience. And I want it NOW! :D
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#8 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 366 posts
  • LocationDover, PA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

They did just recently make some changes to there policy on changing accounts. Our account is in my wife's name and I have been calling in since 2010 with all issues and changes with no problem. Last month we became commitment free and i called in to remove the protection plan and was told by the CSR that i was not allowed to do anything with the account and that my wife would have to call in. She called back in and they told her that only account holders where allowed to make changes to the account. After 3 CSR's we finally got one that said if i was added to the account as having permission to make changes then there would be no issues.

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#9 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

I have called and spoke with someone in the middle of the night before. They do have 24/7 support for Protection Plan members. My experience was that they could not make changes but could assist in troubleshooting overnight. That appears to be the case here as well possibly. Since you called after midnight, its not like you would save another few dollars by reaching them at that exact moment. Putting the account on hold anytime during that day should do the trick.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

spam firewall