Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

3 year price lock

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I got a Century Link flyer today advertising a 3-year price lock for a phone/internet/DirecTV bundle. The web page for it is here http://promotions.ce...?rid=threeyears. There's about 200 pounds of fine print and the normal sleaze of hiding the true cost, but it looks like the 3-year price guarantee is for real. Kind of surprises me. It does say "Excludes all additional monthly fees, surcharges and taxes". Maybe they can sneak in a price increase there?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,579 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

If you read the sleaze closely enough, the offer does not include hardware or programming.

Hardware and programming available separately. Additional fees required.

The more detailed sleaze is a little clearer on the issue of DIRECTV programming and hardware costing extra.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   Lugnut

Lugnut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Be wary: DIRECTV ENTERTAINMENT Package. Offer requires customer to remain in good standing and terminates if customer changes their account in any manner including any change to the required CenturyLink or DIRECTV services (cancelled, upgraded, downgraded), telephone number change, or change of physical location of any installed service (including customer moving from residence of installed services).

So, provided you don't move for the next 3 years, pay your bill, don't breathe on your modem, don't make ANY account changes on the Century Link side or DirecTV, you should be ok...

They're definitely living up to the "lock" in the offer name.

Also: Connection speeds at 1.5 Mbps to download, upload, surf, watch and chat

Unlimited Local Calling

So, slower than dirt internet and they charge you by the minute for long distance.

EDIT: Also, we have no specific details on how the discounts break down, as you will be billed for all services through Century Link. (Your DirecTV service will appear as full price on our side),
so if you have any billing issues with this promotion, you have to talk only to Century Link.

Edited by Lugnut, 28 February 2013 - 07:47 PM.
added offer details

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" - John C. Maxwell

DIRECTV Employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV.

My Equipment:
2x HR-24-100
1x HR-22-100
2x H25-100

spam firewall