Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

No TV Apps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athenian

Athenian

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

The TV Apps stopped working over a week ago on both of my DVRs (HR21 and HR24). I'm talking about the strip that used to display the weather and scores for selected NBA teams. When I click on the right arrow, I get a message "Loading TV Apps", then nothing happens.

I called DirecTV when they first disappeared and was told that the situation should be resolved in 24 hours...but it wasn't.

Is anyone else missing the TV Apps?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,595 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Have you tried resetting your DVRs?
Are your DVRs' internet access working properly?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   Athenian

Athenian

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Yes, I have reset the DVRs -- multiple times. The network settings are fine and I can download On Demand content but I am unable to start Network Services ... error code 202

#4 OFFLINE   Athenian

Athenian

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

The TV Apps stopped working over a week ago on both of my DVRs (HR21 and HR24). ...

I called DirecTV about this again (third time) yesterday and I finally got a resolution -- which involved sending something out to my DVR last night.

I suspect it it had something to do with the Flickr app because I think my problems started shortly after I entered a Flickr logon. Whatever they did last night reset it so that I only see a generic Flickr stream. Now that I can get back in to Network Apps, I've removed the Flickr APP from my list and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the problem won't reoccur.

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yes, I have reset the DVRs -- multiple times. The network settings are fine and I can download On Demand content but I am unable to start Network Services ... error code 202

Network services have practically nothing to do with TVApps. You can still have TVApps that work when Network Services fail. In fact I advise people not to even worry about Network Services.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

I called DirecTV about this again (third time) yesterday and I finally got a resolution -- which involved sending something out to my DVR last night.

I suspect it it had something to do with the Flickr app because I think my problems started shortly after I entered a Flickr logon. Whatever they did last night reset it so that I only see a generic Flickr stream. Now that I can get back in to Network Apps, I've removed the Flickr APP from my list and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the problem won't reoccur.

My understanding is that the Flickr app may disappear anyway.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   Athenian

Athenian

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

My understanding is that the Flickr app may disappear anyway.

I liked the Flickr app on UVerse but this one wasn't very functional so it won't be missed here.

I really wish DirecTV would come up with a more usable photo application though, the photos application on the DVR is too primitive.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...