Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

HR44s are here! (Was: HR44 delayed...again)

• Please log in to reply
666 replies to this topic

#441 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Notes on work order are seen by no one until the tech is en route to your home. He could be 5 minutes away when that happens

^^^^^yep, very true^^^^

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#442 OFFLINE   o7RAVENS

o7RAVENS

Mentor

• Registered
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBaltimore Md.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

I have an appointment for my Genie on the 8th. I'll let you know what I get.

Thanks godfather , I'm trying to hold out for the HR44.

#443 OFFLINE   Crow159

Crow159

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Thanks godfather , I'm trying to hold out for the HR44.

I'm hoping it's an HR44, but I'll be just as happy with an HR34. I can't complain, it was free. :)

Besides, it will be loads better than the HR21-100 I'm currently using in the basement. That one is really slow for me.

Slimline 3 dish with a SWM-16
HR34-700 with Deca MRV

HR24-100 with Deca MRV
HR21-100 with Deca MRV
HR21-700 with Deca MRV

#444 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

I'm hoping it's an HR44, but I'll be just as happy with an HR34. I can't complain, it was free. :)

Besides, it will be loads better than the HR21-100 I'm currently using in the basement. That one is really slow for me.

Only if everybody thought the same way as you, it would be wonderful

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#445 OFFLINE   kyleh

kyleh

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just an update for those in the Louisville, KY area. My installation was scheduled for today but the installer called on his way and said he just saw that I had requested an HR44. He said they didn't have any and that they couldn't even order them yet. He also said that it might be a couple weeks, but that is also what he was told a couple weeks ago. I talked to the installer's dispatch office and told them to call me to reschedule as soon as the units are available. I hope they pull through on that.

#446 OFFLINE   cgking114

cgking114

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Getting my upgrade today. Tech called and I asked him what he had and he said a HR44! I am in the Charleston, SC market.

#447 OFFLINE   jchall30

jchall30

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

I am Winchester, KY and got a HR44 installed last Saturday. Installer said they don't have HR34's any longer.

#448 OFFLINE   kyleh

kyleh

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

I am Winchester, KY and got a HR44 installed last Saturday. Installer said they don't have HR34's any longer.

I guess that could be good news for me. At least they are installing nearby.

#449 OFFLINE   o7RAVENS

o7RAVENS

Mentor

• Registered
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBaltimore Md.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

How do you know what company is installing your free HD 44 (crazy me ) ?

#450 OFFLINE   Crow159

Crow159

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Installation is done, the Tech had some problems with activating the new receiver but it's on now. They also didn't supply him with the Genie-go that I was supposed to get so he's going to get one and come back around 4 to hook that up.

I was given an HR34, but it is really fast to me (coming from an HR21). The tech told me that they have HR44's in the warehouse but are not allowed to use them yet. He said that the Baltimore market should have them starting at the end of summer.

Slimline 3 dish with a SWM-16
HR34-700 with Deca MRV

HR24-100 with Deca MRV
HR21-100 with Deca MRV
HR21-700 with Deca MRV

#451 OFFLINE   rvanderwerf

rvanderwerf

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, TX

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Just got a hr44 in round rock, tx. Seems pretty fast!The only bummer is no netflix so I'll have to get another device for that. Tech said they ran out of hr34 and are only giving out 44s now.

#452 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,029 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Just got a hr44 in round rock, tx. Seems pretty fast!The only bummer is no netflix so I'll have to get another device for that. Tech said they ran out of hr34 and are only giving out 44s now.

Have you checked out Playon.TV? While it's only a SD video you could play NetFlix via your HR44 and any clients that are attached to it.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#453 OFFLINE   hdwannabee

hdwannabee

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

OK.  That is not too far from Katy!  Anyone know who the installer would be in Katy, TX?  Perhaps I can give them a call to see if they have the 44s yet.

#454 OFFLINE   rvanderwerf

rvanderwerf

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, TX

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

I would think Katy would be considered houston no?

#455 OFFLINE   rvanderwerf

rvanderwerf

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, TX

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Have you checked out Playon.TV? While it's only a SD video you could play NetFlix via your HR44 and any clients that are attached to it.

Tried it when it first came out, but no HD on netflix doesn't work for me. Tech said they see netflix as competition and wouldn't put it on. Im looking at a mk80x android stick or set top or just a better blu ray player with it.

#456 OFFLINE   steelgtr

steelgtr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

I like my WDTV LIve Plus.  Plays everything I throw at it.

bob

#457 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

I went the Logitech Revue route and love it.  I believe they are discontinued at this point though.  Only thing I haven't been impressed by was the HDMI passthrough.  It worked with everything except my HR24-200.  I was only using it to cut back on HDMI cables (even though I have plenty) so it wasn't really a big deal.  Haven't found a service I care to use that it doesn't run.  The RF full-keyboard remote is pretty nice too.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#458 OFFLINE   DirecTech253

DirecTech253

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

I didn't read all the comments but from what I saw most are incorrect. 41's have ability to connect through wireless bridge to 44's. Not only coax

#459 OFFLINE   hdwannabee

hdwannabee

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

I would think Katy would be considered houston no?

I would assume it would be the same installer as Houston. Anyone know if the HR44s are in Houston yet, or who the installer here is?

Thanks!

#460 OFFLINE   Speedracer007

Speedracer007

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Alabama

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

HR44-700 installed today with 2 C-41 clients in Huntsville Alabama. I agree with the other comments - fast fast fast.  Guide scrolls instantly, at first I thought it wasn't working it was moving so quickly.

I wasn't sure it was going to happen today, but I now watching my first recording.  Install was scheduled for the morning, from 8 - 12.  At 10:30 the Tech called and said he had one more stop, but would get here my 12.  At 12:45 he called and said he was not sure how much longer he would be but he would definitely install it today.  At 3:00 I called DirecTV to complain.  After telling them I had my doubts the install would happen today and that I could not take another day off from work for this they credited my account $50 because my install window was missed.  About 10 minutes later the Tech called and said he was on his way.  Got here around 3:45 and was here until about 7:30. 

I like the new RC71 remote.  The controls for the DVR seem more natural than their location on the old remote.  Tech did not program the remotes for the 2 clients.  He said he had had too many problems doing that prior to the clients getting fully set up and said it was best to wait a day.  However he did give me 2 new RC65 remotes to use in the meantime.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...