Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

HR44s are here! (Was: HR44 delayed...again)

• Please log in to reply
666 replies to this topic

#521 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,317 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Internal or external or both? Can you upgrade the internal drive when you first get it?

bob

Unless you own the Genie, you are not supposed to open it, moreover changing its hard drive
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#522 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,749 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Opening a leased receiver is against the terms, so esata is the official answer.

#523 OFFLINE   o7RAVENS

o7RAVENS

Mentor

• Registered
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBaltimore Md.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

During my recent HR34 Genie install, the tech told me the HR44 wouldn't be available in Baltimore until the end of summer. Don't know how accurate that is but that's what I was told.

Thanks Crow that's good to know, I don't mind waiting I'v been stuck with this HR20 700 sense they came out and it keeps getting slower and slower. Other than that it has been a very reliable unit.

#524 OFFLINE   yanksno1

yanksno1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts
  • LocationBoynton Beach, FL

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

I took a chance and got an HR44 in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale market.  It is being installed right now.  I called for an upgrade and just had the customer service agent plaster the notes with requests for the HR44.  He told me that they couldn't guarantee it but I scheduled the install because my wife was tired of running out of space and conflicts on our HR20 & HR21.

Good to hear they're making their way down to the south FL market. Might have to make a call soon to request one.

Lets Go Yankees!!!!

#525 OFFLINE   kyleh

kyleh

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Still no HR44 here in Louisville. The local dispatch office phone person did say they talked to their regional manager who said they would be coming in August. Whether this is true or not, it does give me a date to look forward to. If anyone does happen to get an HR44 installed here please let me know.

#526 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Has anyone seen one in Houston yet?  I saw  Round Rock mentioned, but that's Austin.  My HR21-100 has become so slow it's unusable at this point and I'm looking to replace it (before anyone asks, I've done all the regular stuff to try to speed up this dog).

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#527 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,967 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Well, the HR34 is just fine, and I'd take that over waiting for what might be some months in some markets if my equipment receiver was doddering. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#528 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,971 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Just ordered DTV through Centurylink. Of course the sales person knew nothing about the HR44 so had to put me on hold when I said I would only be interested if they were available, otherwise I would wait. She came back and said they were surprised a customer even knew about it, had a chuckle, and said they are no longer sending out the old units (HR34). They said I would get an HR44 with 100% certainty. We shall see... my install is scheduled for the 24th. I am in the Seattle area...

It's good to know that the HR44s are in this area.  I guess I'll order an upgrade soon.

#529 OFFLINE   steelgtr

steelgtr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

I see where people call the installer and ask if they have the HR44 and if they do not they choose to wait, my question is how do you find out who your installer is  ?

Didn't someone post a link earlier to DTV's website with a list of local installers?

thx

bob

#530 OFFLINE   TAnsley

TAnsley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, TX, USA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

So, 

Install of HR44 with 1 C41 client with a CCK-Wired was completed on Friday.  So far so good.  I installed a 2x2TB RAID 1 enclosure that was recognized by the HR44...i assume. (I added one SP before I switch to the external drive so I could tell if it was using the new or old drive).

Over the weekend, it has been acting a little slow, but i know it is building and downloading a lot of data - guide, channel images, movie images, etc - so not going to make any judgements on overall performance for a few weeks. I did see some screen draw issues in the guide on the first day, but haven't seen them since.

I do have to say, the C41 is much faster than my old HR20 that I had in the BR, so that is an improvement.  I also like the new remote for the use in the Bedroom.  

I am still using my Harmony One in the living room.

By the way, the MasTec installer told me they have nothing but HR44s anymore, so if you are in the Austin DMA and were waiting, no need to wait anymore. :)

TAnsley

"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#531 OFFLINE   Slackjaw747

Slackjaw747

• Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRenton WA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

It's good to know that the HR44s are in this area.  I guess I'll order an upgrade soon.

Actually, it's NOT... I would hold off! I ordered through Centurylink and apparently they were just telling me what I wanted to hear. The installer called this morning, and the first thing I did was ask whether he had the HR44 on the truck. Of course it was the clueless response of "I have a Genie,,," but let me put my supervisor on. The supervisor told me it wasn't available in this area yet, so I pushed the install out to early August since he couldn't tell me exactly when they would have it.

Again, this is for the Seattle area...

#532 OFFLINE   Starrbuck

Starrbuck

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

I'm getting my HR44 installed right now in a Dallas/Fort Worth suburb!

th_HR44SWUPD.jpg

*** DirecTV customer since 2004 ***

HR44-700 (2TB) + AM-21 -> Panasonic TC-PST60 Series 60" Plasma

HR24-500 (2TB) -> Samsung 6000 Series 55" LED

C41-700 & C41-500

#533 OFFLINE   wco81

wco81

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

So nobody on the West Coast has gotten the HR44?

#534 OFFLINE   Verc

Verc

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

HR44 is available in the Denver area. Having mine installed as I type this.

#535 OFFLINE   maerativo

maerativo

• Registered
  • 34 posts
  • LocationN. California

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

So nobody on the West Coast has gotten the HR44?

If I read the data correctly the West Coast has some installed HR44's.

https://docs.google....A/viewanalytics

DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1996

HR44-500
HR24-500
Roku 3

#536 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,971 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Actually, it's NOT... I would hold off! I ordered through Centurylink and apparently they were just telling me what I wanted to hear. The installer called this morning, and the first thing I did was ask whether he had the HR44 on the truck. Of course it was the clueless response of "I have a Genie,,," but let me put my supervisor on. The supervisor told me it wasn't available in this area yet, so I pushed the install out to early August since he couldn't tell me exactly when they would have it.

Again, this is for the Seattle area...

Thanks for the update.  I haven't ordered yet (and will wait a while before I do).

#537 OFFLINE   jerelect

jerelect

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

HR44 is available in the Cleveland area. Had mine installed yesterday.It is really fast.

#538 OFFLINE   prefabsprouter

prefabsprouter

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

I just spoke a DirecTV technician in San Francisco today.   They are still not installing the new HR44s - the HR44's are not even in their warehouse.    However, he said that many in the area who order it shipped directly to their home (instead of through an appt. with the installer) are now getting the HR44.    I'm not sure if the HR44 is actually guaranteed over the phone when you place the shipment order though.   

#539 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,317 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

I just spoke a DirecTV technician in San Francisco today. They are still not installing the new HR44s - the HR44's are not even in their warehouse. However, he said that many in the area who order it shipped directly to their home (instead of through an appt. with the installer) are now getting the HR44. I'm not sure if the HR44 is actually guaranteed over the phone when you place the shipment order though.

Yep, you are right, is not guarantee
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#540 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,967 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

I just spoke a DirecTV technician in San Francisco today.   They are still not installing the new HR44s - the HR44's are not even in their warehouse.    However, he said that many in the area who order it shipped directly to their home (instead of through an appt. with the installer) are now getting the HR44.    I'm not sure if the HR44 is actually guaranteed over the phone when you place the shipment order though.   

Dealing with SolidSignal, yes. DirecTV, no guarantee.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

spam firewall