Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Broadcast Update?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ethshistory

ethshistory

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

I haven't had a single show recorded on my HR20/700 in over four days. Each show has been cancelled because "The episode was canceled because a broadcast update did not arrive in time (13)."

I've looked around this forum and elsewhere, and it seems that the issue has happened to others. However, I haven't found how to fix it anywhere. Has anyone encountered this issue and figured out how to fix it?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,484 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Does the HR20 show stuff in the "To Do List"? Have you tried resetting the DVR?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   ethshistory

ethshistory

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Does the HR20 show stuff in the "To Do List"? Have you tried resetting the DVR?

I did full reset (which I was a little hesitant to do because I lost everything on the DVR), and now the recordings work. I tried all the other options and nothing short of blowing the whole thing out worked.

#4 OFFLINE   Lethargic

Lethargic

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm having this same issue. Is there any other solution besides wiping the thing out?

I've lost several programs the last two weeks. I know this week I tried to record the E3 coverage on Spike and a movie on HBO, all of it was cancelled with the "broadcast update did not arrive in time" error.

And now none of my series recordings are working. I have it set to record True Blood, Deadliest Catch, Hannibal, The Killing and The Voice. And if I look in my series manager, every series has a (0) beside it. In my to do list I have recordings set to go all the way up until this Sunday, but after that everything stops. I went through every series and manually added next week's episodes of each series to the to do list. I then restarted the DVR to see if that would help straighten it out. Once it came back on, all the recordings I had added were gone again, with all recordings stopping on Sunday and the series were all back to saying (0). 

spam firewall