Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MyCenturyLink

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

I have always had a Menu Option on my DVR "MyCenturyLink" since my upgrade to the new Genie HD DVR it is no longer a Menu Option. Does anyone with a Genie DVR still have this option showing up? I called Century Link & DTV, and both acted link they had no idea what I was talking about.....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,986 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I have always had a Menu Option on my DVR "MyCenturyLink" since my upgrade to the new Genie HD DVR it is no longer a Menu Option. Does anyone with a Genie DVR still have this option showing up? I called Century Link & DTV, and both acted link they had no idea what I was talking about.....

My Genie never had it, so it isn't surprising neither Century Link or DirecTV had no idea.
Where were you seeing this menu option?
A.K.A VOS

#3 ONLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

My Genie never had it, so it isn't surprising neither Century Link or DirecTV had no idea.
Where were you seeing this menu option?

When you press menu it appears on the bottom of the list. You need to be in a CenturyLink/Qwest phone service area. Verizon is the POTS for CA ?

It was called qHome under Qwest. Try asking about qHome. I called and they said they were having technical issues awhile back

It was on my HR20 and I was pleased to it on the my Genie (HR34) when they did the upgrade on 2/26 I did a test call and caller ID showed up on the Genie and the client in the bedroom I had to restart the modem and it stopped working. I can get network services started, but fail the connection test. Have you tried restarting Network Services?

Edited by machavez00, 13 March 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,986 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

When you press menu it appears on the bottom of the list. You need to be in a CenturyLink/Qwest phone service area. Verizon is the POTS for CA ?

:confused: At the bottom of the main menu?

AT&T is the POTS here, though they don't like/want to be as this is a U-Verse area.
A.K.A VOS

#5 ONLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Yes, right below settings and help.

#6 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,986 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Yes, right below settings and help.

That's a new one on me.
A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

I can see Caller ID come up on the screen, however, the Menu option is no longer there. I used to be able to see contacts, VM and a couple of other items all under the MyCenturyLink option from the DTV Menu. So maybe Caller ID is all that is available on the Genie box????

#8 ONLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

It was on my HR34 Genie.

#9 ONLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

I did notice on the bottom of the Q1000 UPnP page, my Genie was listed under the UPnP NAT-T List. (when My CL was working) Now that MyCenturyLink is missing, the HR34 is no longer on the UPnP NAT-T List. I will give CL a call and see what they have to say.

#10 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Please let me know what they say - they told me that they did not have it on the Genie box, just the Caller ID under the Extras menu....And CL transferred me to DTV.

#11 ONLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

I turned UPnP NAT-T off on my Q1000 and MyCenturyLink came back. The caller ID did not appear on screen. I was able to look at the call log. I will try turning back on and see if MY CL remains and the caller ID works as it did the day the Genie was installed.

#12 ONLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

some screen shots.
My CL on Genie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My CL on RVU

Posted Image

I tried loading My CL on the rvu. It locks up. Caller ID does not display. I can access voicemail on the Genie. (HR34-700) It does not sound sped up as it did on the HR20-700

Is "Talk to CenturyLink" still an active DBSTalk account?

#13 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Interesting and thank you for sharing. My Caller ID works on the screen using the "Caller ID" setting under Extras on the Menu. But no MyCenturyLink. I guess if it is one or the other I'll keep the Caller ID working.

#14 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

One more thing - the screen shot with the number to call if you have an issue with MyCenturyLink - that is the number I called and they immediately transfered me to DTV who said they couldn't help and sent me back to CenturyLink. 4 transfers and then they said "Not supported on Genie at this time". I had the feeling they had no clue what I was even talking about...

#15 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

My centuryLink is only available if you have both voice and DSL from CenturyLink. It requires you to have port forwarding and network services available. If you have the Century Link Icon, you would not have the Caller ID icon. Sometimes it takes a day or so for it to appear after a reboot. You may need to call CenturyLink to activate, but the regular CSRs have no clue. You need to ask for the special group that handles the DTV functions. It's been a while, so I don't recall what the group is called. This isa CenturyLink group, not DTV. I have seen My CenturyLink on HR34s, HR24's and H25.. It is supported on Genie and I have had it for over a year.

#16 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Thank you for the information. I had it on my receiver before the Genie was installed a month ago and it has not ever shown up. I do have voice & DSL through CenturyLink and nothing was changed on my modem or router.

#17 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Thank you for the information. I had it on my receiver before the Genie was installed a month ago and it has not ever shown up. I do have voice & DSL through CenturyLink and nothing was changed on my modem or router.

Most likely your Network Services are not enabled or you may need to manually set up port forwarding in your router, using the same ports that are defined in the Network Services set up screen. They may have been defined at one time, but if you have rebooted your DVRs (or new install), the IP addresses may have been changed may need to be reset. Each router is defferent and you may need to play around with it. I would go to the router, clear out the old port forwarding, find the new IP for the Genie, and manually set the port forwarding to match Network services ports. Once you do that, re-run network service to make a connection and within a day or so the icons should appear.

#18 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Thank you I will give that a try!!!

#19 ONLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Most likely your Network Services are not enabled or you may need to manually set up port forwarding in your router, using the same ports that are defined in the Network Services set up screen. They may have been defined at one time, but if you have rebooted your DVRs (or new install), the IP addresses may have been changed may need to be reset. Each router is defferent and you may need to play around with it. I would go to the router, clear out the old port forwarding, find the new IP for the Genie, and manually set the port forwarding to match Network services ports. Once you do that, re-run network service to make a connection and within a day or so the icons should appear.

The q1000 has an option call "aplication forwarding" It has room for four directv reciever. The first set has 27161 and 27163 for reciever 1

#20 ONLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

OK. I reset my Q1000 modem to factory settings, reran network services in manual and got the the conformation it was running, no My CL. I placed the HR34 in DMZ mode and MyCL is back. I will it give it some time to run before I try voice mail and caller ID.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...