Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MyCenturyLink

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

What is DMZ mode??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,609 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

This is what is on the modem internal page

DMZ Hosting
DMZ hosting enables a LAN device to use the modem WAN IP address as its own. DMZ places the LAN device outside the firewall.

Looking at the HR34 info page, it still shows 192.168.0.7 as it's IP adress. When I had my PS3 setup in DMZ mode, the system summary screen on the PS3 showed the WAN address of the modem as it's IP address.

Everything is working except caller ID.

Edited by machavez00, 11 March 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

After some research, I found out why I can not get My Centruylink on my receivers. I am in Missouri and My CenturyLink on DIRECTV is only available in the following 14 states: AZ, CO, IA, ID, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, OR, SD, UT, WA and WY.

http://www.qwest-bus.../myctl-dtv.html
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

#24 OFFLINE   atcontroller

atcontroller

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

After reading this thread, i was able to remove the My Centurylink menu item and restore my Caller ID..

I have the HR24/100 - Had the My CenturyLink menu item
H25/100 - Had the My Centurylink menu item
2 of H25/500 - Did not have the My Centurylink menu item

I have the Centurylink ZyXEL PK5000Z modem.

So I went into the Advanced Setup and then the UPnP section.

I disabled the UPnP NAT T-List, Item 2... I then removed the DirecTV models that were the problem in the table on the bottom. After, I rebooted the modem and the DirecTV receivers. I no longer have the My Centurylink menu option. The Caller ID feature reappeared under the "EXTRA" menu option and now works correctly.

In the DirecTV hardware, under Network Settings, there is a Network Services feature. This is where the My Centurylink was being ported into the box. I played around with blocking the ports but it still showed up.. So I just disabled the feature and removed the hardware from the table.

Hopefully this will help someone in the same situation. Neither Centurylink or DirecTV have any idea what I'm talking about. I spent hours trying to convince them I wasn't insane.. got the usual run around so finally found this site and thought I'd post my results on the matter.

Alan

Attached Thumbnails

• PK5000 My Centurylink.jpg

#25 OFFLINE   atcontroller

atcontroller

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

The very last help item in the Help list is how to remove the features.. It lists a phone number to call.. This is how it goes down....

Can I disable My CenturyLink™ on DIRECTV®?
Yes. Call My CenturyLink™ on DIRECTV® technical support at 1 800 247-7285 to have the features disabled on your account.

So, I call the number… It gives me 3 options….

1 for telephone/voice repair
2 for internet repair
3 for Video repair.

I select 3.
Then it says “if you are calling about the My Centurylink features on DirecTV, press 1..”

I press 1 and I get an agent somewhere in some 3rd world country.. When I explain my problem this is what I get….
“sir you have reached DSL repair… I will transfer you to DirecTV tech support….”

#26 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I like the My CenturyLink app. It allows me to access my voice mail and call logs, along with caller ID. I don't have a phone line next to my Genie, so traditional caller ID is not an option.

#27 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Update:  My CenturyLink began working correctly.  I have even changed to the C1000 modem and caller ID and call waiting ID work.

#28 OFFLINE   tucsonmac

tucsonmac

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

i have mycentury link on my directv menu and want to get rid of it. I does not work with genie. Every time i have dtv remove it, it comes back. No one especially Centurylink has any idea what to do. 

#29 OFFLINE   tucsonmac

tucsonmac

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

I still can't get my centurylink to work. I rest as sugested by atcontroller and it still came back. Caller id works fine when it is in the extras, but not when my century link comes back on the menu list. ( i have the same modem as atcontroller) In fact when i go into the century link i need to wait for it to load and whenn i say back to tv it freezes the screen on my genie 34. what a loss of a neat feature.

#30 OFFLINE   tucsonmac

tucsonmac

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

Well if anyone is interested in removing mycenturylink from DTV, it finally happened. I read some where it was bundled with your home phone and it was. I finally  got a hold of a tech that new that and submitted a work order to turn this option off. (it was free so no big deal he said) I did a reset after i received the notice the work order was filled and it has not shown up now for two whole days.  So far so good 

#31 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

If you add Message Manager or had qHome, MY CL came with.   You can unsubscribe from Message Manager/qHome to get rid of My CL.

I have the HR34 Genie and My CL works.  I have to hit play a couple of times to get my voice mail to play the first time, other than that it works fine.  I don't have a phone line whee my Genie is at so this works for me.

Edited by machavez00, 11 August 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#32 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,151 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

Mime is workimg great.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

spam firewall