Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free HD with bundle service.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pandafish

pandafish

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

I signed up with Directv in August of 2010 and had auto-pay and paperless billing to get the free hd for life. The very next month I combines billing with Qwest (now Centurylink). I have had the free hd since. However, I received an email stating I would no longer have it since I don't have auto-pay which isn't an option for me since I pay Centurylink. I called D* and the rep stated he submitted an escalation ticket for me to keep it. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else that may be in this situation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

If you are paying the phone company, Directv is getting auto bill paid by them I would think.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   pandafish

pandafish

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yes that is how it has worked for over 2 years. It is strange that it is now seeming to be a problem.

#4 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

if you are billed through the Telco then you are on auto pay. I did the same thing and D* acknowledged it as auto pay

#5 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

When I was with the Verizon triple plan, DTV accepted the fact that they were getting my payment from V as "auto pay".
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...