Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Name your old legacy receiver

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Registered
  • 683 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

What brand old dtv receivers you are still using today. Any brand except directv brand. And what type of tv its hooked to.

I an using an RCA DRD480RE receiver hooked to a 27" tube type tv.
Still works like a champ.

HR20-100 s/w version 0x087f
au9 dish NO multiswitch or diplexers.
Internet connection via WIFI.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

My parents are still using my original rare Hughes branded HR10.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#3 OFFLINE   BAHitman

BAHitman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

I had to retire my last 2 RCA's as they told me at the end of March they would no longer work...
They were great boxes though and were very reliable...

HR34, HR20x3, HR22, HR23, H24, H21

-BAHitman

#4 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

While no longer in service I still have my D10, a Huges HIRD-D1 Silver Edition, and a Huges HIRD-E4 Platinum Edition.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#5 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

I have my ORIGINAL Hughes HIRD receiver in service. It's hooked to a stereo system in my computer room and a 5" B & W TV for the song titles!!! All I use it for is Sonic Tap (DMX).

So far, no word from DirecTV about it being taken out of service because of network changes but I'm sure they will get around to Wisconsin and offer me a replacement D12 sooner or later....or knowing how DirecTV operates today maybe one day it will just quit working with no advance notice. If they do that, maybe my account will also stop working since I have no commitment and those DISH ads look very tempting.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#6 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

I had to retire my last 2 RCA's as they told me at the end of March they would no longer work...
They were great boxes though and were very reliable...

I havnt heard anything from dtv about my RCA unit. My unit has been working like a champ, unlike my finicky HR-100.

Today I was watching ID channel on my HR-100 and the picture started to break up like rain fade then got the loss of signal error message on tuner 2. My SD channels worked fine. Did a red button reset and worked fine after that. I wish how I can make the receiver switch to tuner 1 when this problem pops up????

HR20-100 s/w version 0x087f
au9 dish NO multiswitch or diplexers.
Internet connection via WIFI.

#7 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I have a Tivo unit that is retired. SD unit. Then the oldest beside that is R15. lol
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#8 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

my RCA DRD102RW has been pressed into RV duty on a relative's account after they purchased a replacement access card, where it has been happily stationed for the last 7 or 8 years.

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#9 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

I have an RCA DRD 420re :)

I havent ever had a box as good as this one..... (SPEED COULD NOT BE BETTER)

Frankly i dont care if i cant see the channel listings @ the end of March (I cant see most of them now anyway (Most have been converted to the new one)) I love this BOX!

#10 OFFLINE   ikoniq

ikoniq

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

IIRC only the Legacy MPG receivers will quit working outright. APG should be minimally affected, if at all. That being said, the oldest IRD I have is a D12.

Any opinions, express or implied, are solely my own and do not reflect the views of DirecTV, our other representatives, employees, or other associated/affiliated companies.

My Equipment: 1x HR44-500, 1x HR24-200, 1x H25-100, 2x D12-100
My Programming: Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST MAX, NBA LP, NHL CI, MLS DK, Fox Soccer Plus, En Espanol

#11 OFFLINE   jporter12

jporter12

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

I have 2 DirecTiVos that will be "retiring" tonight with the installation of the Genie, and a Mini.  Both TV's have been upgraded to HD the past year, so it is finally time to get more HD content beyond streaming and Blu-ray.

#12 OFFLINE   andy A

andy A

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

Sony A-2, which I deactivated as of yesterday 07/09/2013 because of the upcoming "no more support" and replaced it with an H24-700.   It was an excellent receiver, built like a tank.  Back then we had it hooked to a Mitsubishi 40in tube tv that must have weighed approx 300lbs.   Wish I could remember when I bought it, but I think it was back in 1996 or possibly earlier, came as self install kit with dish, receiver, and hardware. I do remember the cost being approx 600 dollars for the self install kit back then, quite a sizeable chuck in those days. The dish had a little red LED on the dual LNB which helped with aiming the dish properly. Still using that dish today for any SD receivers in the house. Also loved the remote that came with the A-2, it was a little large but it was RF capable, learning remote, and had the joystick which I really miss.

Getting ready to reactivate my old DSR-7000 for dedicated slingbox usage, using an old Hughes GAEBO with it now.

Edited by andy A, 10 July 2013 - 01:58 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...