Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ku fta

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GiantsFan383

GiantsFan383

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

I am interested in getting a motorized ku fta system I cannot get cband is it worth getting?
dish network AT250

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I am interested in getting a motorized ku fta system I cannot get cband is it worth getting?

There are college sports feeds, NBC network, PBS network, and various wild feeds on KA band. Most these days are HD, so you would need an HD receiver as well.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   Mark40930

Mark40930

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Check FTAList.com for the available feeds, but there are dozens of good ones available, and not just from the religious broadcasters.

D* Setup:
1 x HR24-500 DVR

FTA Setup (in storage):
HotDish 90cm dish
Invacom Linear/Circular LNBF
Openbox S16 HD receiver

Another circumstance, too, worried me in those days: that there was no on like me and I was unlike anyone else. - Dostoyevsky

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,861 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

There are college sports feeds, NBC network, PBS network, and various wild feeds on KA band. Most these days are HD, so you would need an HD receiver as well.

Ka ?

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,861 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

I am interested in getting a motorized Ku FTA system I cannot get C-band is it worth getting?

Yes. A lot of feeds ! Go for it !

I wouldn't recommend less then 1m dish, 1.2 or 1.8 would be best.

#6 OFFLINE   kenglish

kenglish

Icon

• Registered
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah, USA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Free-to-Air (FTA) satellite is a hobby, not a substitute for some commercial service like DirecTV or DISH Network. If you have to have certain programming or certain networks, at certain times, Pay TV is the way to go.

FTA has lots of interesting stuff for the hobbyist and casual viewer, as well as a lot of scheduled ethnic programming for ex-Pats from around the world. There are hundreds of channels of TV programming nets, and many channels of radio-type programming.

A sort-of "secondary" hobby is "feed-chasing", which usually requires a motorized dish and a blind-search receiver. There, you can search out news and sports back-hauls from both networks and local stations. It's a great way to keep up with the news...as it happens.
  • norman881 likes this

#7 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

see this what I mean they are getting MY paid channel for free WTF I'm I paying for when these people are bootlegg our Satellite's?

Edited by dish556, 20 March 2014 - 03:08 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,861 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

see this what I mean they are getting MY paid channel for free WTF I'm I paying for when these people are bootlegg our Satellite's?

perhaps he did a joke, as nothing like that on Ka band

no  worry about bootlegging signals, Ka chns are encrypted

#9 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

perhaps he did a joke, as nothing like that on Ka band

no  worry about bootlegging signals, Ka chns are encrypted

sure I heard that one before like when a guy that came to my house and said "give me two hundred dollars and I'll hook you up" I said No thanks why because I want to watch by paying for what I watch!

you were saying? these are paid channel that people are getting for free well I and other people are paying for these channels! when I first sign up years ago the guy offer me that deal I turn him down!

http://skyvision.com...no_am_west.html

Edited by dish556, 21 March 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   dish556

dish556

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

to make the ugly post nice, just remove your c&p and keep an URL

to be nice I did for you.

#11 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,758 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

sure I heard that one before like when a guy that came to my house and said "give me two hundred dollars and I'll hook you up" I said No thanks why because I want to watch by paying for what I watch!

Unless he was a pirate (which is possible) he may have been selling a legitimate FTA system used to pick up unscrambled channels. There is plenty of free stuff available via satellite ... which is why we have this FTA section of DBSTalk to discuss legitimate FTA programming.

One can get a GloryStar system for primarily religious channels for $200 with no monthly costs. The same basic equipment can be used for other unscrambled feeds.

If you want to pay for what you watch that is fine ... especially if the people who own the channels want you to pay for what you watch. But there is plenty of content that is legitimately free via "free-to-air" satellite systems.

these are paid channel that people are getting for free well I and other people are paying for these channels! when I first sign up years ago the guy offer me that deal I turn him down!

You need to filter your results. Ignore anything on that list that says scrambled and look at what is left:
* You will find channels that pay to be on satellite carriers such as DISH and DirecTV or can't afford to pay DISH and DirecTV so they pay for Ku distribution and offer their channels for free (legitimate FTA).
* There are some channels that do get paid when they are on DISH, DirecTV or other cable systems but they also offer FTA feeds.
* And there are feeds that are not intended for public viewing but are transmitted in the clear and are freely available to anyone with the right equipment.

The feeds you have listed are not stolen from your DISH or DirecTV satellite subscription ... many of them are the sources of DISH and DirecTV satellite rebroadcasts or the channels that are paid to be on DISH and DirecTV.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...