Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBC reportedly ready to retire Jay Leno

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

www.google.com

How about a link to your claim?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#142 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Kinda looks like Mr. Indiana can't come through with the goods, though he's able to chuck objects* at other's claims.

*Such as barbs with sharp ends, or soft brown stuff.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#143 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,069 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

He can't provide links to things in his head. :D
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#144 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Once again, people are not reading what they post links to. Ferguson already has a deal. I've never been wrong before and I'm not about to start now. You kiddos have fun debating your own silly falsehoods.
DTV = Digital Television

#145 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Apparently he doesn't think he needs to reply any further: check post #41
http://www.dbstalk.c...d=1#post3207289

#146 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,356 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

I've never been wrong before and I'm not about to start now.

Spoken like a true politician. :lol:

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#147 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

If you are going to post a source, you may want to post something that actually says what you claim.

Yes, he has...

http://tvseriesfinal...etterman-14194/

Once again, people are not reading what they post links to. Ferguson already has a deal. I've never been wrong before and I'm not about to start now. You kiddos have fun debating your own silly falsehoods.

Troll.

#148 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,301 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

The only deal that Ferguson has is the one that I and others have clearly linked to ... renewal of contract to match Dave's contract. When Dave's contract ends Craig's contract ends.

You have provided absolutely no proof that Craig has a contract beyond Dave's last day. You have provided absolutely no proof that Craig will be taking over for Dave. And as for your claim that you have never been wrong ... well this thread isn't about you so I won't waste time proving that beyond the proof already offered.

Craig is not the replacement for Dave. I wish he was ... and if the facts ever change to support Craig replacing Dave I will be happy. But at this point in time there is no truth in the claim that Craig is the replacement for Dave.

#149 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,553 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

When it comes to Letterman retiring, I kinda liked this speculation:

Letterman is the last man in front of the camera who carries the whole history of the genre in his head; he ... honors ... the tradition on a nightly basis. Conversely, his CBS nightly following act, Craig Ferguson, is the odd man out in any speculation about talk-show succession because the Scottish anarchist is least connected to the tradition, and as a novelist/actor/screenwriter, he's the lesser of the neurotics in his trade and the only host assured of a viable post-talk career. Thus, even though his contract reportedly stipulates he gets right of first refusal should Letterman exit, Ferguson's eccentric, devil-may-care attitude probably inclines him to take a well-compensated pass.

Personally, I'm not sure that Letterman will retire before Les Moonves, but they're close to the same age.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#150 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,069 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

If you actually took the time to read the articles at the links posted you'd see that he does NOT want Letterman's spot at all. Oh but wait, if you read then you'd have to admit you're wrong, something you could never do.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#151 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,301 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

I enjoy Craig's on air comments about his live appearances ... warning people that he actually swears and that in concert the little flags don't appear in front of his mouth and the words are not replaced.

He does the show as if he wouldn't mind losing it ... not worried about the network or advancing his position. He is the true anti-host. Constant bleeped words, profane puppets and baudy humor. Not what one would expect at 11:35 but fine for the after show. And while Conan and others walk on the wild side a little it seems Craig is all in.

Craig says and does what he wants and if the network doesn't like it the network can bleep him -and they do. And it all works well.

#152 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,356 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

I agree with you. I find myself laughing at him and his show more than at any of the other late night shows. I also like his sidekick Geoff. I don't know what it is about that skeleton, but I think he's better than any of the other late show sidekicks.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#153 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,069 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I agree with you. I find myself laughing at him and his show more than at any of the other late night shows. I also like his sidekick Geoff. I don't know what it is about that skeleton, but I think he's better than any of the other late show sidekicks.

He has more personality than they do. :lol:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#154 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

I like Craig Ferguson, and I have watched his show from time to time... but I also agree his style works better in the later hours where he can get away more with being his wacky self.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#155 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

First there was an imaginary girlfriend.

Now an imaginary source.

Lots of imagination in Indiana.

#156 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,553 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

I debated about posting this interview, but it is one example of why I think John Stewart would be the best replacement for Letterman:

-qDnAq5p9cg

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#157 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,301 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

I debated about posting this interview, but it is one example of why I think John Stewart would be the best replacement for Letterman:

I saw that Tuesday and thought about posting it too. :)

I'm not sure his current show is "safe" for broadcast TV ... and I would not want to see Stewart / Colbert changed from their current shows to "safe". It would be nice to see Stewart get more exposure and a longer show but there are nights where 22 minutes is enough.

#158 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,360 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I debated about posting this interview...

I'm glad you did -- I've not seen that before. IMO, Georgia Carlin was a national treasure.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#159 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'm glad you did -- I've not seen that before. IMO, Georgia Carlin was a national treasure.

Carlin was brilliant, insightful, droll, but I'd stop there! Miss his wit. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#160 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,301 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Step 2: Seth Meyers gets 'Late Night' host gig
http://www.cnn.com/2...ight/index.html

(CNN) -- "Saturday Night Live" writer-performer Seth Meyers will take over NBC's "Late Night" show next year when current host Jimmy Fallon moves to "The Tonight Show," NBC announced Sunday.

SNL executive producer Lorne Michaels will also be the executive producer of "Late Night with Seth Meyers." He was also named executive producer of "The Tonight Show" earlier this year when the network announced Fallon would replace Jay Leno.

No premiere date has been announced, but NBC has said Leno's exit and Fallon's debut will coincide with the Winter Olympics coverage in 2014.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...