Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Game Not Available

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rangers94

Rangers94

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

So Sunday 3/3 7:30 i got ready to watch the New York Rangers hockey game like i have been doing for 15+ years on DirecTv. At 7:30 my screen went black said game not avail for me searching for other channels. I Called DirecTv talked to a nice guy, he told me even though i live in northern NJ, the game is being blacked out for me cause it is not sold out, but i called a friend a few black away from me that has Fios he was watching it no problem on MSG HD. I did notice a spare hd dvr i have tuned into the center ice channel but it was not HD. So was this just a rare glitch, or ever game not sold out i will no longer be able to see in HD ? If so i might as well just switch to Fios, but i hope it doesn't have to come to that.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   d2001dstanley

d2001dstanley

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

I think it was a glitch. They seemed to fix it, as later on that night I was able to watch the game on MSG HD. I have seen this happen on rare occasion (for example, they inadvertently blacked out a SEC Network game on MSG, even though I am in market).

#3 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

It was a glitch, the SD channel was working fine but for some reason the HD one was not. It was corrected part way through the game.

#4 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

That game was one big glitch from Directv's standpoint.

The Center Ice schedule said "Sabres feed" and "Rangers feed" both on 776 (and 776-1). The guide had the game listed on 775 and 776. I picked one hoping to get the Sabres feed and got the Rangers feed.

From the CI schedule:

Buffalo Sabres at New York Rangers (Sabres Feed) 7:30 pm 776 776-1
Buffalo Sabres at New York Rangers (Rangers Feed) 7:30 pm 776
since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

spam firewall