Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Xbox on TV with DVI but no HDMI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

I gave my old Sammy DLP to my nephew when I bought a new Mits. The Sammy does not have HDMI (one reason I replaced it). My nephew has an Xbox 360. I gave him the HDMI -> DVI cable I was using, but then he has no way to get audio to the TV since it doesn't have an optical input and there is a tab that sticks out from the standard Xbox composite dongle that blocks the HDMI port. Is there an optional dongle that does not have that tab? Or are we better off getting a TosLink -> RCA adapter from monoprice and hooking that to the RCA stereo inputs on the TV?
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Friends have had luck with this: http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

Edit: You can also perform surgery on the plastic cover, which several people I know have done with no ill effects other than it looking kind of ugly.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

That's what i wound up ordering.
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...