Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ETF, Current Fee

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   property33

property33

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

From searching a couple sub-groups/threads here, best I can tell is the ETF is $20/month for the remaining time on your contract. Also, it seems, they will send you return boxes (no cost to you) for your receivers. Can anyone definitively confirm this? Jim

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,556 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

The ETF starts at $480 for DVRs and HD boxes under contract, $240 if it's an SD receiver, like a D12.

They deduct $20 each full month from that. They will send recovery kits at no charge, but just be sure it arrives and you keep your tracking.

#3 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

In case you want to see it in writing [link].

Attached Thumbnails

• ETF.JPG

HR34-700, HR22-100

#4 OFFLINE   property33

property33

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

The ETF starts at $480 for DVRs and HD boxes under contract, $240 if it's an SD receiver, like a D12.

They deduct $20 each full month from that. They will send recovery kits at no charge, but just be sure it arrives and you keep your tracking.

PER box? We've got an HR34/Genie, two HR24s and one of the newer/small HD receivers. I may be able to live with 20/mo for the entire remaining time, but NOT if it's per box...

Dropped to Xtra from premier and deactivated an additional HR 24 and another HD receiver trying to get the bill down. Just want to be ready if BrightHouse or ATT comes up with a better offer. Minus any start-up costs (installation costs) internet/RoadRunner from BH, plus a comparable package and equipment, bill would be about the same I'm going to pay now with DTV & RoadRunner internet. That's with no cable deals, waiting to hear back from them-including if they'd help offset any ETFs.

#5 OFFLINE   property33

property33

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

In case you want to see it in writing [link].

Thanks, that says it. Maybe I'm being ignorant though, it's still not clear to me if that's PER box or PER account.

#6 OFFLINE   jjeeffff

jjeeffff

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

PER box? We've got an HR34/Genie, two HR24s and one of the newer/small HD receivers. I may be able to live with 20/mo for the entire remaining time, but NOT if it's per box...

Dropped to Xtra from premier and deactivated an additional HR 24 and another HD receiver trying to get the bill down. Just want to be ready if BrightHouse or ATT comes up with a better offer. Minus any start-up costs (installation costs) internet/RoadRunner from BH, plus a comparable package and equipment, bill would be about the same I'm going to pay now with DTV & RoadRunner internet. That's with no cable deals, waiting to hear back from them-including if they'd help offset any ETFs.

It's not per box its per account, the most you could ever pay for etf is $480.

#7 OFFLINE   Lugnut

Lugnut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts
  • LocationEagle, Idaho

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Thanks, that says it. Maybe I'm being ignorant though, it's still not clear to me if that's PER box or PER account.

It's definitely per account as there is no minimum requirement for amount of receivers active on the account past the first one. You could even order an HD-DVR, 2 HD receivers, 2 SD-DVRs, 1 standard receiver with XTRA package, turn around the next week and disconnect all of them except the standard, drop down to the Family package @ $29.99 and not be in breach of any agreement.

Previous DIRECTV Employee

#8 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,556 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Right, and they don't run consecutively, as if you have one year left of a two year, and add a box, you end up with two years at that point, not three.

#9 OFFLINE   property33

property33

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Great, thanks for making it simple. We've got 15 months left in contract. We're paying $87 for RoadRunner Lightning. If BH can give me virtually the same channels/equipment and have the price be at least a little less then what RR and DTV is going to be, we may go back to BH. IF they'll install for free and give some kind of credit for the ETF. I first went with DTV 'cause BH didn't have NFL Network at the time and I wanted Sunday Ticket. I can live without ST unless it's REALLY cheap this year and BH has NFL Network now...

#10 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Last month they told me I have $220 in ETF since the last time I upgraded was a year ago in February, so I have a year left in my contract, Doesn't really matter anyway since I'm not going anywhere unless something drastic happens.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...