Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help!! FS New Orleans in MS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bdot79

bdot79

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

I am unable to get channels 676 or 678 in my zip code (39525) to watch Hornets\Pelican NBA games (721 Not Subscribed). The only way to view these games is to add the Sports Pack to gain access to these channels. According to DTV RSN lookup I am to receive these channels for free in all DTV packages. This seems to be a issue in all zip codes in MS that begin with 394xx, 395xx, and 396xx. The problem is that MS is in FS South territory and FS New Orleans is a feed of FS Southwest. I have called DTV about a dozen times since 10/31/12 and every time they act as if this is a new issue. I spent 30-60 minutes on the phone while they troubleshoot and research the issue. Then they finally offer me a 30 to 60 day credit for the sports pack while they repair the problem. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this problem?
HR34-700, AM21n & (3)H25-100
Whole Home DVR w/ wireless CCK
Slimline Dish w/ SWM 5 LNB
OTA Attic Antenna: McLapp M8
DTV since Aug. 2012

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Racer88

Racer88

Icon

• Registered
  • 800 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, went a few rounds on this myself. Seems they never added FSNO to our actual cards, even though the website says we are supposed to get it.

Sports pack makes no difference either, the NBA games will only show up if you are a NBA LP sub, so might as well get them to cut you a deal for that.

Not sure if that's the way the NBA contract is or if it's a system screw up, but that's the way it is regardless. I'm assuming it is the former since the channels(FSSO/SPSO) do work when a NBA game isn't on them.

#3 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Sports pack makes no difference either, the NBA games will only show up if you are a NBA LP sub, so might as well get them to cut you a deal for that.

Have you tried it? For some RSNs they use the Sports Pack for outer ring coverage since many RSNs charge extra for the outer ring. Here in NEPA we can get the Pittsburgh teams on Root Pittsburgh with the Sports Pack.

#4 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

According to DTV RSN lookup I am to receive these channels for free in all DTV packages.

You may want to check the package you have. RSN's are only included in the Choice package and above. For any packages lower you would need the Sports Pack added on.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#5 OFFLINE   bdot79

bdot79

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

I am on the choice extra package which includes 676 & 678. When I call the CSR agrees that I am suppose to get these channels and the Hornets games but they are always baffled why it doesn't work. I tell them adding the sports pack allows me to watch these games so they give me a credit, push the issue up the chain and send me on my way. I call back a month or two later when my credit runs out and start the process all over.
HR34-700, AM21n & (3)H25-100
Whole Home DVR w/ wireless CCK
Slimline Dish w/ SWM 5 LNB
OTA Attic Antenna: McLapp M8
DTV since Aug. 2012

spam firewall