Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

System Wizard operation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   d_cubed

d_cubed

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee,WI

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Does anyone know if the SYSTEM WIZARD does back-up the remote to a new one on a 722k. Searched this forum but didn't find a definitive answer. Replaced a bad 722k last week and used the WIZARD to back-up the receiver and it worked great. The WIZARD appears to back-up the old remote (getting flaky 20.0 ir) but has no command to send the settings to the new remote (20.0 ir). Called DISH but they haven't got a clue as to what I'm asking. Any help will be much appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Does anyone know if the SYSTEM WIZARD does back-up the remote to a new one on a 722k. Searched this forum but didn't find a definitive answer. Replaced a bad 722k last week and used the WIZARD to back-up the receiver and it worked great. The WIZARD appears to back-up the old remote (getting flaky 20.0 ir) but has no command to send the settings to the new remote (20.0 ir). Called DISH but they haven't got a clue as to what I'm asking. Any help will be much appreciated.

After reading your post I don't have a clue either? What are you expecting the remote to back up to transfer to a new remote? Everything except the remote address that I can think of is actually stored on the receiver.

#3 OFFLINE   d_cubed

d_cubed

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee,WI

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

These are LEARNING Remotes and I have programed all the buttons to be used for three other devices, that's a lot of programing considering that these Dish remotes are the worst LEARNING Remotes I have ever used, and I've had a LEARNING type remote since 1986. I believe the DISH Receiver is supposed to save the old remotes setting and load it back into the new remote. The SYSTEM WIZARD states that the REMOTE settings have been backed-up but does not have a method to send those settings to the new remote. The RECEIVER back-up works. The easiest way to understand my dilemma is to RUN the SYSTEM WIZARD by holding down the ZERO button and following the on screen instructions. Hope this helps, because I need some.:(

#4 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

It's been my understanding, from the early 722k days, that the 722k can back up the remote settings and the Remote can back up your Timers. Unless things have changed?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...