Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox renews three shows for women 18-34 and teens

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,554 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

From a Fox news release we learn some things about the decision-making process.

Fox has renewed "Raising Hope", "New Girl" and "The Mindy Project" because

Season to date, New Girl ranks No. 1 among comedies in its core Women 18-34 demographic and is a Top 10 comedy among Adults 18-49. The Mindy Project has emerged as the No. 1 new comedy of the season among Women 18-34, while RAISING HOPE, which has anchored FOX’s Tuesday nights this season, is a Top 20 sitcom among Adults 18-34 and Teens.

And what else can they do on Tuesday against "NCIS" anyway except to find a narrow target audience, though the Women 18-34 demographic has been The CW's demographic.

Actually Fox has renewed "The Following" because

THE FOLLOWING is already the No. 2 broadcast drama and the No. 3 drama overall this season with Live+7 ratings.

Well, sort of I guess depending on the week. But it is doing OK. At least it isn't because they get The CW's audience.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Awesome. My wife and I enjoy New Girl, although it's not quite as good as when it premiered. (In my experience, shows usually find their footing in their second or third season after a bit of a raw or uneven, yet promising, start.) I wouldn't have guessed that it was targeted for women though.

Raising Hope is probably my favorite underrated primetime program. It's delightfully goofy, usually without going over the edge to pointlessly madcap. Glad to see it made it through too.

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Raising Hope is probably my favorite underrated primetime program.

Same here, especially this past week's "My Name is Earl" reunion episode. I was laughing so hard it hurt.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Same here, especially this past week's "My Name is Earl" reunion episode. I was laughing so hard it hurt.

That was brilliant. All the little nods (as well as the obvious ones) to Earl were fantastic.

I don't think I could ever watch The Mindy project, but I do like New Girl and Raising Hope (but my wife doesn't really care for either one - although she did Watch the "Earl" episode after I told her about it)

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#5 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'd never seen Earl, so I had no idea there was any reference to it (or its cast).

I really liked the second ep, where present Jimmy, young Jimmy, and Sabrina each separately sing "Ain't No Sunshine." (Especially young Jimmy, who is a spitting image of my 3yo.) I've had to watch is a few times since then.

Edited by renbutler, 04 March 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Please don't tell anyone but we had 19 episodes of New Girl on the dvr and just started watching them, it's actually pretty funny. :)

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

That was brilliant. All the little nods (as well as the obvious ones) to Earl were fantastic.

Yeah, Greg Garcia and his crew put out good stuff. I watched the episode twice and picked up even more nods the second time.

There was also an episode of Raising Hope a few weeks ago that had cast from "Yes, Dear!", another Greg Garcia show, reprising their roles and following the storyline of that show. Funny stuff.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Please don't tell anyone but we had 19 episodes of New Girl on the dvr and just started watching them, it's actually pretty funny. :)

It's funny and good for a few laughs. I record it but it's not something I have to watch soon after recording it. Episodes can pile up for me.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#9 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Big Raising Hope fan here too. (and I am a guy) Good to see.
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...