Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Red Widow

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Since there are only 8 eps scheduled, I think I can make it through. Started a little slow, and there is enough intrigue and questionable allegiances here for a Russian novel. Maybe a little too much, making things confusing to follow the characters' motivation. The wife thinks her hubby started all of this, but he didn't; she was lied to. Those who know do not correct her misinformation due to their own agendas. Well, at least that makes it realistic. My life is full of that; so is everybody's.

USA Today really hated it. I don't think it will light the world on fire, but I am hanging in, finding it worthy of watching for now. Time of course will tell. Always a big Rahda Mitchell fan. Lee Tergeson too. No obvious problems like some of the shows yanked early (or late depending on your POV) recently. It's not The Sopranos, but then what really has ever been?

And that is a good barometer, actually, If I would rather get The Sopranos on DVD and watch the repeats of that over any particular new show, that tells me I am wasting my time on that show.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,611 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I just watched the premeir and then scheduled it to a series.
I kinda think the guy that they stole his motorcycle shot the husband.
That would be ironic if she is now paying her husband's killer.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,030 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Watch it today.

Not a thriller by any means. More a nice time-passer.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#4 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

I just watched the premeir and then scheduled it to a series.
I kinda think the guy that they stole his motorcycle shot the husband.
That would be ironic if she is now paying her husband's killer.

Wow, J. that's a hell of a leap. There is more than one guy that rides a motorcycle in SF, I think. That he and the killer both do is a pretty easy coincidence.

I know they go out of their way to throw a lot of suspicion on who might be behind some of these things, but the only link there was of a hard-working non-connected building inspector who was incensed at the very idea of a taking a bribe, being a potential bribery candidate of the mob simply because of his position and his desperate situation. He has no obvious link to any of the mob guys or anyone else, and it appears that Marta was the first one to even approach him, and after the fact. If the other inspector had not gotten greedy, this character would not have even come into the picture.

But I hope you are right. It's so unexpected (at least by the rest of us) and way off the mark it would be epic if that is revealed at some point. And of course you are the only one who then could say "I told ya!".
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,318 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

So did I miss a piece of it or do we not know for sure which one of the other 2 partners did start it? I admit I was on the computer at the same time and I was not giving the show as much attention as such an intricate plot entails.

I think the brother was the one that started it all, yes?

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#6 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

The Lee Tergeson character and the one in jail (the brother?) initiated the rip off, mostly the brother, who killed two mob lieutenants in the process. Hubby found out after the fact, tried to protect his family, paid the ultimate price. Actually, maybe Lee Tergeson found out afterwards also. Hopefully a wrapup preceding the next ep will clear this up. Or EpGuides.

#7 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,318 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'm still watching this, but almost like my feelings on "The Following", there is no pay off. It continues to throw problems and obstacles at Marta and we see no happy moments or lightness at all.

Obviously not the same genre, but I still want my pay off. Not seeing any yet.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

I still need to watch The Following. Maybe this summer since the season is almost over and there is nothing good on in the summer. As for Red Widow, I like it because knowing that there are only a handful of shows is worth watching. I don't really enjoy seasons after seasons of long drawn out drama.

When ABC did the River, it was great that it ended.

#9 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

No new Red Widow this week?

#10 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

No new Red Widow this week?

I believe they took a week off for March Madness, many shows did.

#11 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

I think next week is also a rerun.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...