Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

F connector tool wanted

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Floyd

Floyd

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Does anyone know where I can order some of these domestically?

http://www.ellies.co...ndex.php?id=597

It's the kind of thing they might give away at a cable convention show. I have a customer that wants 5-10 of them. They are light aluminum and small and can be carried in your pocket.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

I have something like that in my tool box, and it has a screwdriver handle stuck on the back end.

Have had it for years, no idea where it came from. (maybe a D* or E* installer left it, or maybe I bought it from MCM ??) The screwdriver handle, IMO, would make your item at the link better.

LOL, a screwdriver handle connected to the socket thing WITH a pivot would be WAY better, than that!

better call the patent office!

:lol:

#3 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,458 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Does anyone know where I can order some of these domestically?

http://www.ellies.co...ndex.php?id=597

It's the kind of thing they might give away at a cable convention show. I have a customer that wants 5-10 of them. They are light aluminum and small and can be carried in your pocket.

http://www.summitsou...CFQ4FnQodz28Ajw

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Samsung UN60F7100 60" LED 3D TV; Samsung  BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray DVD player; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVo Roamio Plus DVR, Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player.
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#4 OFFLINE   Floyd

Floyd

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thanks Cholly, I couldn't find them anywhere.

#5 OFFLINE   FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver

All Star/Supporter

• Registered
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOn the road in North America...

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm a big fan of these: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B000G7ZGNI/

A little tougher to use in tight spaces, but much easier than using a wrench. The spacing on an SWM-8 is just wide enough to use it.

#6 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,834 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Is it just an ultra hefty security sleeve removal wrench?

#7 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,914 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

I'm a big fan of this one. It's very, very easy to use.

http://www.amazon.co...#productDetails

Mike

Edited by Mike Bertelson, 06 March 2013 - 06:49 AM.

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#8 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

I have this, and it really helps with sliding the compression fitting onto the coax when you are making the ends too. The compression fitting screws onto the threaded end on the other side of the handle. Then you can use the handle to push the compression fitting onto the cable, rather than trying to just push on the fitting itself (really nice for rg6 quad shield which is what I wired my house with).
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

Protected By... spam firewall...And...