Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L7.29 for the 722

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   peano

peano

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

Just noticed the option in this firmware to record directly to the external hard drive instead of the internal. 722 (non K).

I don't really follow the software versions closely. Is this new?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

The L7.29 software version was put in on 12/12 for the 722 HD receivers.

#3 OFFLINE   peano

peano

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Thanks.

Was the option to record directly to the external hard drive instead of the internal introduced with this version or have I been napping?

#4 OFFLINE   jporum

jporum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Have you actually tried to record directly to the external drive? While it will let me specify that as an option, and appears to be doing a recording, there is nothing on either the external disc or the DVR when the recording is over.

#5 OFFLINE   d_cubed

d_cubed

• Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee,WI

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

I think this post about the 722k is also true for the 722.
http://www.dbstalk.c...717#post2660717

#6 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

L729 messed up all the timers I set up before the time change, to after the time changed Sun early am.

For example, I set up Revenge to record Sun night. When I created the timer last week, it said 8pm Sun, because at that time, that's the time it would have recorded at. So then the time changed Sun morning. But the timer didn't change to 9pm, as it has for all previous software revs for my 722 for the past several years.

But by the lack of comments here, this doesn't seem to have been a big problem for others.

Weird. Luckily, I spotted it pretty quickly, so I didn't lose much. Only Once Upon a Time at 8pm. (I recorded the Walking Dead later on Sun night.) And then I recreated all the timers at the proper times.

spam firewall