Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for Android Tablets v1.1.3: Initial Release Discussion

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   mikek

mikek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

I am running the app on a 7 inch Galaxy Tab2.

I love the app and almost everything works great.

I am having problems getting the recording options to "take".

I have tried to change them but they always revert back to the original setting.

For example I have tried to change the default to "keep until I delete" but it won't stay.

I have also tried to add 30 minutes to a recording but it always reverts back to stop on time.

Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#122 OFFLINE   utlimate_ed

utlimate_ed

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Well, thanks to you guys, I was able to side load on to my Nexus 7 and life is good.

What's funny is that it is much much more responsive than on the Ipad.

#123 OFFLINE   Vinny*

Vinny*

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Is this ever going to be compatible with the Kindle Fire HD 7 inch display without having to back into it and change resolutions?

#124 OFFLINE   mattbooty

mattbooty

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

I like the app, but two things that would make it indespensable woud be (as mentioned before) let me stream recorded shows when I'm withibn my home network. I don't have a tv in my bedroom, and often use my tablet there, it would be nice to be able to watch shows I've previously recorded. The live streaming is nice, but i would guess few people savvy enough to use the tablet app warch very little live tv anyways hehe.

The other feature that would be nice woud be managing series passes on it. We can see our recordings and schedule new ones, but would be nice to delete or change the options on existing ones.

#125 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

It's more like a glorified remote control. I can't believe Time Warner's app lets you watch any channel (except locals) on a tablet, but I can't with the Directv app. Lame.

#126 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

DirecTV lets you stream live versions of any of the channles they have the content rights to do so.

Last I knew Time Warner let you watch any channel they carried, and they were getting sued over that since they don't specifically have the rights to be streaming some of those channels (they evidently thought if they had the right to broadcast the channel, they could stream it too, and the channels feel otherwise).
  • kymikes likes this
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#127 OFFLINE   sean67854

sean67854

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Side loaded to my Nexus 7 since the day it was released.

At this point it would be hard to live without the application; I use it all the time!

The 'Quick Tune List' is the fastest way to change channels. I don't use the DirecTV remote much if ever at this point.

LiveTV works well but it does re-buffer a tad at home. Does not re-buffer often but it will do so every few minutes. Smooth as butter from a few hot spots I have tried outside of my home. Still the 'LiveTV' is a great option and I use it a good deal as well. Other than the small buffer issue I have no issues of any kind with this application. It is pure heaven! :)

Only had to obtain the pkg file and set settings/security option to allow loading of packages from sources other than the play store.

And no--- my Nexus 7 is not rooted!

NOT ROOTED AND NO WORK AROUND'S USED OTHER THAN SIDE LOADING

I have attached a screen shot to show how it looks on my Nexus 7.

Model: Nexus 7 (32G)

Did you have to do anything special to get it to connect to your receivers?
www.snelsonco.org

#128 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 648 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Acer Iconia 7" tablet.  Shown as not compatible, but side loaded and seems too run well.

DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#129 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

speaking of android apps...the official DBS Talk app in google play store is bricked with the main site's overhaul...i un-installed it yesterday

#130 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

speaking of android apps...the official DBS Talk app in google play store is bricked with the main site's overhaul...i un-installed it yesterday

See this thread: http://www.dbstalk.c...23#entry3122270

Also read through post #1 about features/issues being worked on: http://www.dbstalk.c...ions/?p=3121037

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#131 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

See this thread: http://www.dbstalk.c...23#entry3122270

Also read through post #1 about features/issues being worked on: http://www.dbstalk.c...ions/?p=3121037

thats Wonderful !!!! I hope they get the app squared away...it'd really suck if i had to use it in a browser on my phone..

#132 OFFLINE   lotbass

lotbass

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yes both boxes are on the network. The weird thing is my iPhone app allows streaming of all channels fine. Its just the touchpad that can't seem to realize I am on the home network.

I have a similar issue with my hp Touchpad running CM 10...

I can only stream 5 channels:  AUDIENCE, axs.tv, Sony Movie Channel, SHORTS and bein sport.

Interestingly, they all have the "ON THE GO" logo. 

Many other channels appear in the "Live TV Streaming" panel, but don't have the "ON THE GO" logo, and won't stream.

Makes me think the tablet doesn't believe I am on the same network with my receiver, but I can see what I am watching on my receiver and change channels on it.

The phone app on my same tablet allows me to live stream dozens of channels.

ipad app (on an ipad, of course :-)) also lets me stream dozens of channels.

In addition, when I do stream one of those 5 channels using the tablet app, the video is squished.  On the same channel & program, the aspect ratio is correct via the phone app.

(Also, I have a problem mentioned in another post... the 'buttons' (like "Share") get cropped in some cases.)

#133 OFFLINE   pdawg17

pdawg17

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

I have a similar issue with my hp Touchpad running CM 10...

I can only stream 5 channels:  AUDIENCE, axs.tv, Sony Movie Channel, SHORTS and bein sport.

Interestingly, they all have the "ON THE GO" logo. 

Many other channels appear in the "Live TV Streaming" panel, but don't have the "ON THE GO" logo, and won't stream.

Makes me think the tablet doesn't believe I am on the same network with my receiver, but I can see what I am watching on my receiver and change channels on it.

The phone app on my same tablet allows me to live stream dozens of channels.

ipad app (on an ipad, of course :-)) also lets me stream dozens of channels.

In addition, when I do stream one of those 5 channels using the tablet app, the video is squished.  On the same channel & program, the aspect ratio is correct via the phone app.

(Also, I have a problem mentioned in another post... the 'buttons' (like "Share") get cropped in some cases.)

That is exactly what I see. Bummer. I've tried setting static and dynamic IPs for the DVRs but no change. Must be something within the TP. Even upgraded to a 4.2.2 rom but same.

Edited by pdawg17, 27 April 2013 - 08:49 AM.

Panny 9UK
HR22-100 (Component)
Pio VSX-1018

Panny TC-P42X1
HR20-700 (HDMI)

Hackintosh box: Intel i5 2500k, 8gb ram, Radeon 5770, ML 10.8.2

HTPC: Intel Quad Core Q9550, 4gb ram, Nvidia 660Ti 2GB using HDMI to above Panny 9UK, Windows 8 x64

All hard-wired to D-link DIR-655 router

#134 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,411 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I'm having an issue trying to enable receiver control. The Android app is not detecting my HR24 and when I enter the IP address manually the validate button never enables itself, so I enter the IP, and all I can do is go back.

I tried force-closing then app, then clearing all data, signing back in, and had the same issue.

#135 OFFLINE   Nofences

Nofences

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

I have an Asus TF300T on the same network as my 3 HR20 receivers, the app worked before, but my old SWM-8 recently died and the technician replaced my dish, now I am back up and running on all receivers, but my app no longer works. It will not validate any of my receivers IP addresses. I can ping the receiver from my tablet, verified the receivers are all connected, and able to be controlled by external devices, but still can not connect. Anyone have any idea. My HP Touchpad is able to see all of the receivers and connect to them (though I am having the same problem as others in that I can not watch show on my TP). I have uninstalled the app from my tablet and re-installed from Play store. RBR'ed all of my receivers, Even put one of my receivers in to the DMZ on my router, but I am still unable to connect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Though the app says it can not locate the receivers, I can select the remote tab at the top and control my downstairs receiver, it will not update the "What's Playing" portion of the app, nor can I schedule a recording to any receiver.

Update: This issue on my system was being caused by the App AdBlockPlus, I disabled it and it is working again. Just so happens I installed it while the DirecTV system was down.

Edited by Nofences, 03 May 2013 - 10:36 PM.

My Setup - Updated 12-26-11
AU-9 Slimline Dish
SWM-8
(1) HR20-700 | DECA | HDMI | 37" Sharp Aquos LC-37D64U
(1) HR20-100b | DECA | HDMI & Optical | 47" Vizio LCD | Yamaha 7.1 AV Receiver w/HDMI Switching
(1) HR20-100s | DECA | 42" Vizio VU42LF

#136 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,411 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

My tablet just downloaded version 1.2.2.

It fixed the issue I was having where I could not manually enter the IP address for the IRD it was not detecting.

#137 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

For those who need to side-load the app here is a link to the update apk:  http://d-h.st/9hd

Edited by BubblePuppy, 30 May 2013 - 08:10 AM.

Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#138 OFFLINE   pdawg17

pdawg17

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Darn. Was hoping the update would fix the problem with my Touchpad where I cannot stream live tv. All channels other than "on the go" channels are still greyed out...

Panny 9UK
HR22-100 (Component)
Pio VSX-1018

Panny TC-P42X1
HR20-700 (HDMI)

Hackintosh box: Intel i5 2500k, 8gb ram, Radeon 5770, ML 10.8.2

HTPC: Intel Quad Core Q9550, 4gb ram, Nvidia 660Ti 2GB using HDMI to above Panny 9UK, Windows 8 x64

All hard-wired to D-link DIR-655 router

#139 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 648 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm new to this Android stuff. Do I need to uninstall the old version before side loading the new one?
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#140 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

I just did another build.prop mod on my 4 inch Galaxy player and android now thinks I have a 10 inch screen even though the screen is 4 inches. this mod allows me to download this app through the play store. I no longer have to side load this app.

my Galaxy player 4.0 has cm10 on it.

edit

if you are using 160 DPI on a 7 inch tablet. try setting qemu.sf.lcd_density=160 in the build.prop.

download a screen info app to check to see if the screen size has changed. if it is at least 10 inches do the clear market data thing and the DirecTV tablet app should become downloadable from the play store.

for other screen sizes you will have to experiment with different values.

Edited by dorfd1, 31 May 2013 - 06:53 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...