Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for Android Tablets v1.1.3: Initial Release Discussion

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

I was able to live stream in the app once, now live streaming force closes the app.

I've cleared data, uninstalled/reinstalled and still force closes as soon as I select watch on Android.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,650 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

I was able to live stream in the app once, now live streaming force closes the app.

I've cleared data, uninstalled/reinstalled and still force closes as soon as I select watch on Android.

It sound like something is not stable in your setup/configuration.

I have my ASUS Android tablet right next to me streaming just fine as I type this...

DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#163 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

It sound like something is not stable in your setup/configuration.

I have my ASUS Android tablet right next to me streaming just fine as I type this...

Actually my Nexus 7 is the most stable device I own. Never rooted, only 21 apps installed and the setup is as bone stock as it gets for an activated device.

It appears to be a KitKat issue.

#164 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

I just got an email back from D*: KitKat isn't yet supported for streaming. Streaming in the phone app on KitKat is affected as well.

The rest of the app works fine. And it looks great too.

#165 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,650 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Actually my Nexus 7 is the most stable device I own. Never rooted, only 21 apps installed and the setup is as bone stock as it gets for an activated device.

It appears to be a KitKat issue.

That would at least make some sense...since that version of Android is extremely new to most devices.

#166 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

What is KitKat?  I could not stream for the 1 1/2 months I had my Asus.  After the last update, it worked.  I've had the update for all of 10 days and now the next update breaks it again.  Starting a stream forces the app to close.

Also..why does it require an IP validation EVERY time I launch the app?  Can't it remember the IP worked last time?

#167 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,650 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

What is KitKat?  I could not stream for the 1 1/2 months I had my Asus.  After the last update, it worked.  I've had the update for all of 10 days and now the next update breaks it again.  Starting a stream forces the app to close.

Also..why does it require an IP validation EVERY time I launch the app?  Can't it remember the IP worked last time?

"KitKat" is the next generation of Android operating system following the current mainstream version "Jellybean".

I suspect the IP check is routine for those locations where DHCP assigns them randomly, as opposed to some people using reserved IP addresses for their devices.

#168 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

I reserved the IP addresses for everything on my network.  My DVR is always 192.168.1.71.  I am on KitKat v 4.4.  Streaming worked after I received the 4.4 update, but stopped after the latest DirecTV update.  Wonder why streaming is broken...yet again.

The reviews on the PlayStore are hammering DirecTV again.  Why can't they get this right?

#169 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 964 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

Has anyone tried to stream on demand with the latest app?

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 4

spam firewall