Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

CSN PHILLY

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   steelerfanmike

steelerfanmike

Legend

• Registered
  • 218 posts
  • LocationNj/pa border

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Well the NHL network channel(215) is blacked out again. I guess I'm suppose to watch it on the CSN philly which Directv don't carry. None of the teams that are playing is my local teams... So what gives????? I live in northern NJ my locals teams are all the NY teams. The game I'm trying to watch is Philly vs pittsburgh Either one is my local. I put channel 659 on for the hex of it and same message...... Channel is blacked out. SORRY a channel where it is viewable has not been found. Only happens when the flyers are on!!!

PLEASE fix this csn philly thing already!!!!!!

I DO HAVE CENTER ICE (this is a NHL channel problem)
HR34-700 with a AM 21 OTA Tuner Hooked to a Sony HD3D 60" TV ( KDL-60EX720)
With 3 C31 Clients an using a Cisco E4200 V2 wireless router for APPS and Youtube
Hooked to a OTA Channel Master Roof mount 100 mile range antenna with a rotor.
To watch (Philly @ WilkesBarre PA. Locals)
Directv locals are NYC

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

NHL Network is known to be more restrictive with their blackouts, applying the blackout to a larger area than normal. You are probably a victim of this, and there really isn't anything you can do about it. DirecTV certainly can do nothing, as they must black out the channel where NHLN tells them to.

The sad part is, even if DirecTV carried CSN Philly, there's a good chance that channel would also be blacked out because you aren't in the Flyers' territory either.

#3 OFFLINE   steelerfanmike

steelerfanmike

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 218 posts
  • LocationNj/pa border

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

NHL Network is known to be more restrictive with their blackouts, applying the blackout to a larger area than normal. You are probably a victim of this, and there really isn't anything you can do about it. DirecTV certainly can do nothing, as they must black out the channel where NHLN tells them to.

The sad part is, even if DirecTV carried CSN Philly, there's a good chance that channel would also be blacked out because you aren't in the Flyers' territory either.

thanks for the reply..... its a shame I pay for center ice also, and still can't watch all the games
HR34-700 with a AM 21 OTA Tuner Hooked to a Sony HD3D 60" TV ( KDL-60EX720)
With 3 C31 Clients an using a Cisco E4200 V2 wireless router for APPS and Youtube
Hooked to a OTA Channel Master Roof mount 100 mile range antenna with a rotor.
To watch (Philly @ WilkesBarre PA. Locals)
Directv locals are NYC

#4 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,545 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

I think he is. Looks like cable systems carry CSN Philly in his area.

Mike, you are in harmony near the penna state line around Easton?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#5 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

I live near Lancaster, PA which is an area that Comcrap claims. Roots Sports Pittsburgh also claims my area, so NHL Network blackouts are a common issue around here although I expected NHL Network to be blacked out last week when the Rangers-Flyers played, but NHL Network wasn't blacked out that time. Go figure.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#6 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,545 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

I live near Lancaster, PA which is an area that Comcrap claims. Roots Sports Pittsburgh also claims my area, so NHL Network blackouts are a common issue around here although I expected NHL Network to be blacked out last week when the Rangers-Flyers played, but NHL Network wasn't blacked out that time. Go figure.

Lancaster is funny. Near Philly but in its own market with Harrisburg and York. The OP is near Easton, if I got his location right and ABE is actually part of the Philly market.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#7 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

The NHLN has A larger blackout radius than the Center Ice channels.
If this game was on CI today,I would have gotten the game.
The Flyers have NO claim on my zipcode.I wish this channel did NOT exist !!!
So many people get screwed over by them with their blackouts.!

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

Protected By... spam firewall...And...