Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Republic Wireless $19.00 a month !

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Well got my new cell phone ! After reading and reading and reading LOL Got my new Cell phone from Republic Wireless they offer only one model. But hey for only $ 19.00 a month for unlimited everything ! Why not ? I am not into the whole Smart phone craze. I love my flip phone its alot smaller then those laptops everyone carries in ther pocket. But I do like the Features of the Smart Phone they have its a Motorola Android DEFY XT its water proof, dirt proof and has gorilla glass so you cant scratch it. Its amazing i dropped Sprint after being with them over 10 years paying them over $ 100 amonth on average with all those stupid surCharges. And now Republic uses Sprint and NO Data limits or throttling back on speed. Why couldnt Sprint just do that to begin with ? :mad:

I didnt want to miss the boat on this like i did with Ooma ! My buddy told me when Ooma came out to get one and i messed around and never bothered with it. Now all those original Ooma customers have Free Phone over the internet for ever and NO Bill and the New customer have to pay Tax every month ! :mad:

King Cable Cutter ! XBMC , PLEX , Raspberry Pi   Love my New Boxes :)

Avatars are to protect the Ugly people from scaring others !
Come from the land of Pennsylvania where Cable TV was invented ! Had HBO back in the 70's and total cable bill was $ 12.00 and all TV's got Cable with no extra fee ! Been using satellite since the C-Band Days and Dave and Charlie

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   LI-SVT

LI-SVT

Icon

• Registered
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up;) Just so happens I read your post on Saturday and Sunday morning I reach in to my pocket and find my current mobile phone is broken.

The one thing you didn't mention is the up front $250 to buy the phone. Still overall a lot of savings here vs the Big Boys.

#3 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for the heads up;) Just so happens I read your post on Saturday and Sunday morning I reach in to my pocket and find my current mobile phone is broken.

The one thing you didn't mention is the up front $250 to buy the phone. Still overall a lot of savings here vs the Big Boys.

They also have a $ 29.00 plan and the phone is $ 99.00 Comes out about the same

Come from the land of Pennsylvania where Cable TV was invented ! Had HBO back in the 70's and total cable bill was $ 12.00 and all TV's got Cable with no extra fee ! Been using satellite since the C-Band Days and Dave and Charlie

#4 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Obviously a very low end Android phone, but I guess you can't beat the price. Too bad Sprint's network isn't better.

#5 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Obviously a very low end Android phone, but I guess you can't beat the price. Too bad Sprint's network isn't better.

They posted on ther site ther bringing more models online later this year. But so far Im enjoying this phone. I guess because its only $ 19.00 a month compaired I paid more in Taxes and Fee's with my old cell phone.

#6 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Well the NEW HIGH End Moto phone is now available ! Moto X with plans starting $ 5.00 a month unlimited wifi calling !

https://community.re...w_pricing_plans

#7 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,536 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

That's good information.  Thank you!

I mapped my address and my house is in the only gray area for miles around.  So I would be in a roaming zone.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for this topic. New phone will be here Tuesday. $19/month plus $99 for the phone beats the hell out of what we're paying AT&T.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#9 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

That's good information.  Thank you!

I mapped my address and my house is in the only gray area for miles around.  So I would be in a roaming zone.

They don't charge for Roaming either !

#10 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,536 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Really? I thought they charged for going outside Sprint network? If not, it might work for us. Otherwise, the only network that works worth a darn around here is Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#11 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,306 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

They don't charge for Roaming either !

I dont think any company charges for roaming any more.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#12 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Really? I thought they charged for going outside Sprint network? If not, it might work for us. Otherwise, the only network that works worth a darn around here is Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

Here is a link on Roaming https://community.re...m/docs/DOC-1124

They also offer a FULL REFUND but you have to do it in less then 30 days !

The other cool feature is this a Hybrid phone it uses wifi or cell so if you have crappy coverage at home but have good wifi

Edited by Rickt1962, 22 October 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...