Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Audio Error with Onkyo 709

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

A problem showed up for me with my new Hopper/Joeys.

The Hopper is connected in the main room through an Onkyo 709, and with my 722k, if I turned off the Onkyo, the screen would blank for a moment, come back on, and the sound would now come through the TV (via HDMI).

On the first night with the Hopper, the sound would not come through the TV if the Onkyo was off. Next morning (without the Onkyo on), the sound came through fine, but then last night, no sound without the Onkyo, and no "self-heal" this morning. What's different about the Hopper vs. the 722k?

These photos are of the 722k audio setup, the Onkyo 709 HDMI/audio setup, the Hopper audio setup, and the error message.

Suggestions? And I'll also post this on the 709 Forum on AVS.

Attached Thumbnails

• 722k audio setup.jpg
  • Onkyo 709 audio setup.jpg
  • Hopper audio setup.jpg
  • Onkyo error message.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

A problem showed up for me with my new Hopper/Joeys.

The Hopper is connected in the main room through an Onkyo 709, and with my 722k, if I turned off the Onkyo, the screen would blank for a moment, come back on, and the sound would now come through the TV (via HDMI).

On the first night with the Hopper, the sound would not come through the TV if the Onkyo was off. Next morning (without the Onkyo on), the sound came through fine, but then last night, no sound without the Onkyo, and no "self-heal" this morning. What's different about the Hopper vs. the 722k?

These photos are of the 722k audio setup, the Onkyo 709 HDMI/audio setup, the Hopper audio setup, and the error message.

Suggestions? And I'll also post this on the 709 Forum on AVS.

Sometimes how easy it is to forget these are all just computers. Unplugged he Onkyo for a minute and after that, audio works fine and even my problem Onkyo networking back ok. Unplugging and plugging might even be the cure for the common cold.

spam firewall