Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wireless Ethernet Adapter for HR24-200

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ctsmd

ctsmd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Can someone please recommend a wireless ethernet adapter for a HR24-200?

DVR and router both in location were cinema connect kit or ethernet hard wire run is to difficult.

Thanks

Carl
Geaux Tigers

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm not quite sure what you are asking... since it sounds like you already have a cinema connection kit and you shouldn't need a direct ethernet connection.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 794 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Can someone please recommend a wireless ethernet adapter for a HR24-200?

DVR and router both in location were cinema connect kit or ethernet hard wire run is to difficult.

Thanks

Carl

If you can't network with a CCK (wired) DirecTV does sell a Wireless CCK
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#4 OFFLINE   ctsmd

ctsmd

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

I do not have a Cinema Connection kit. Maybe thats what I need.

I have internet wireless router in room not supplied by coax runs for DirecTv.

I have a HR24-220 upstairs and one down stairs in an older house so direct hardwired ethernet to each not an option.

If I add a cinema connection kit will that be my wireless internet connection that will then pass internet over the coax to each receiver? and I think the HR 24 do not need the DECA boxes, they have it built in?

Is that correct? If so thats all I need then .
Geaux Tigers

#5 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,940 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I do not have a Cinema Connection kit. Maybe thats what I need.

I have internet wireless router in room not supplied by coax runs for DirecTv.

I have a HR24-220 upstairs and one down stairs in an older house so direct hardwired ethernet to each not an option.

If I add a cinema connection kit will that be my wireless internet connection that will then pass internet over the coax to each receiver? and I think the HR 24 do not need the DECA boxes, they have it built in?

Is that correct? If so thats all I need then .

HR24s do have built in DECA so you shouldn't need anything external other than a wireless CCK.

#6 OFFLINE   cowart

cowart

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I have an HR22 connected to my network with a Linksys WET610N which I bought used last year on Ebay. It works well so far.

#7 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

I have an HR22 connected to my network with a Linksys WET610N which I bought used last year on Ebay. It works well so far.

He shouldn't do that if he has Whole Home DVR service. He would have to hook the Linksys up to the ethernet port on the HR24, which would then turn off it's internal DECA adapter, and cause Whole Home DVR to quit working.

His best solution is to get a Wireless Cinema Connect Kit (WCCK) like the others have suggested. He may already have one, if not he should be able to get one sent to him for DirecTV fairly cheap.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#8 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

He shouldn't do that if he has Whole Home DVR service. He would have to hook the Linksys up to the ethernet port on the HR24, which would then turn off it's internal DECA adapter, and cause Whole Home DVR to quit working.

He doesn't currently have DECA's. So, it would appear that he doesn't have Whole Home DVR service either.

One question that we've all forgotten to ask is whether ctmsd has a SWM system in his house or if it's a 'classic' 4-LNB Slimline system. If he doesn't have a SWM system, the Wireless CCK will only get him Internet access at the DVR that it's directly connected to.

#9 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

He doesn't currently have DECA's. So, it would appear that he doesn't have Whole Home DVR service either.

One question that we've all forgotten to ask is whether ctmsd has a SWM system in his house or if it's a 'classic' 4-LNB Slimline system. If he doesn't have a SWM system, the Wireless CCK will only get him Internet access at the DVR that it's directly connected to.

He has HR24's so he wouldn't have DECA adapters, because DECA is built into them.

But yes, we do need to figure out if he has a SWM setup, and if he has Whole Home DVR.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#10 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

He has HR24's so he wouldn't have DECA adapters, because DECA is built into them.

Good point.

#11 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,166 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

My vote is the WCCK . . .

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

spam firewall