Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What is included with upgrade install with CCK?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mdpeterman

mdpeterman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hello!
I ordered a Genie upgrade along with 3 Genie clients for my mother today. They also said the Cinema Connection Kit is required. She currently has a HR21, H21 and several D12 receivers. The HR21 is hooked up over ethernet to the wireless router that is in the same cabinet, but there is no whole home setup.

She wanted the Genie so she could record more than 2 shows at once and also wants to be able to watch recorded programs in the other rooms in the house (most other rooms, not all). We are keeping the existing HR21 and H21 which I know are both whole home capable. Does installation of this upgrade also include the 2 DECA units that will be required for the existing receivers? If not I wanna call before the install on Wednesday.
Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Whenever a receiver with a built in DECA is installed on a SWM system the computer automaticly adds accessorys. The tech is supposed to install them. Make sure all the receivers can share recordings before he leaves.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

Protected By... spam firewall...And...